Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linking Cells

Options
  • 21-04-2002 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭

I am just messing around with a new page and was doing a simple nav using cell's I have a mouse over effect on them that highlights it in Explorer but i wanted to make the whole cell clickable so i put the link tags out side the cell tags just messing around. It works with only the first cell and then not at all with the others. Any ideas?

Below is the code for the table. Ya only really need to see the first two cells in it, the rest are the same as those.

<table width="97%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" align="center" border="1"
    bordercolor="165A76" bgcolor="#2090BE" onMouseover="changeto(event, '#00376F')" onMouseout="changeback(event, '')">
    <tr>
    <td align="left" valign="middle" height="30" bgcolor="1F86B1">
    <a href="#News"><div align="left"><font color="#FFFFFF" face="Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif" size="3"><b>
    + News</b></font></div></a>
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td align="left" valign="middle" height="30">
    <a href="http:/www.test.com"><div align="left"><font color="#FFFFFF" face="Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif" size="3"><b>
    + E-Mail</b></font></div></a>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </tr>
    </table>

<edit> just took out bits of table so it fits into this post better, it was streching it all over the place</edit>

Thx,
    Gid.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Not sure if I'm following you, but I reckon you want to put an onClick event handler in the TD's.
    onClick="location.href='#News'"

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

yup that was it alrighty, cheers.
    <table width="97%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" align="center" border="1" bordercolor="165A76" bgcolor="#2090BE" onMouseover="changeto(event, '#00376F')" onMouseout="changeback(event, '')">
    <tr>
    <td align="left" valign="middle" height="30" bgcolor="1F86B1" onClick="location.href='#News'" onMouseOver="this.style.cursor='hand'">
    <a href="#News"><div align="left"><font color="#FFFFFF" face="Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif" size="3"><b>
    + News</b></font></div></a>
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td align="left" valign="middle" height="30" onClick="location.href='#News'" onMouseOver="this.style.cursor='hand'">
    <a href="http:/www.test.com"><div align="left"><font color="#FFFFFF" face="Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif" size="3"><b>
    + E-Mail</b></font></div></a>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>

Thats a bit of it^ all done but not on net yet.

Thanks,
    Gid.

Advertisement