Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parallel Universes.

Options
  • 21-04-2002 1:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

Does anyone have any thoughts on them? Anyone at all? If they do exist, can they really be termed as 'parallel'? Adam, youre interested in history, what do you think?

oh, and ian.. about last night... yeah, thats what happens when there are four hyper teenage girls in a car with a phone and no proper supervision.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

fair enough!

}:>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Christine

if they were parallel, would that not imply that they were the same, thereby not really having a point? Still, I do think that there are parallel universes. I think the other Christines in the other universes are having a great time, cos I'm not. This is my justification for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭sisob

i believe in predestination - that there is only one way that things can turn out

but at the same time I'm an athiest so I believe that whatever is destined to happen is infact random and not decided by any deity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Mahotée

soylent green is people . . . burger king are just ahead of their time. marry me, charlton heston. (ian- shhh! dont tell christopher!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

There cant be parallel universes..

If a single thing happened differently then the entire universe would be irrepairably altered... so it wouldnt be parallel any more.

is that what you mean?

<< Fio >>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Elvish

I believe that there is parallel universes. And on the note of them being parallel so that they can't be different, I beg to differ. A line can be a different thickness to the line it is parallel to. So other universe can be different while being the same.

-Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Re: predestination: I don't believe in it. i dislike the idea of fate because i like to believe that my life is my own, and changeable only by my choice.

Parrelel universes: its a big universe we live in, so it must have something closely resembling, if not being exactly the same except for minor things, it in this universe. i think all universii exist in one, for the reason that this universe is infinite IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I believe that there is parallel universes. And on the note of them being parallel so that they can't be different, I beg to differ. A line can be a different thickness to the line it is parallel to. So other universe can be different while being the same.

-Rob

Yes but if the universive would take a different path in anyway it would stop becoming parallel. The only thing you have stated there is that there could be a universive that is say 2 times the size of ours, otherwise any tiny alteration would make it non parallel.

Advertisement