Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crusade

• 21-04-2002 2:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭

Whatever happened to CRUSADE. I got into it up until about 2 weeks ago when they stopped airing it. Was the series discontinued does anyone know or if there will be a second series cause afaik they never found a cure for the drak plague.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Crusade was cancelled after 14 episodes by the TNT network. The rights to the entire B5 universe were bought out by Sci-Fi US, but they decided not to continue with Crusade.

The new B5 series is Legend of the Rangers; the TV movie pilot aired some months back and episodes will start appearing on American TV shortly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Felix Randel

LOTR isn't bad at all, much stronger story line to it then crusade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

LotR been made into a series ?

I guess thats good news :)

I just got the gathering and the beginning on DVD and very nice they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

n1 thanx. B5 rocks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

I've seen the pilot for LotR and I noticed that, unlike Crusade, they've included a story arc, like B5's Shadow War story arc (Crusade never really had one, it relied on aimlessly wandering about looknig for a cure for the Drak plague). Unfortunately, this new story arc is pretty hacknied and unemaginative.

In addition to this, the characters are probably weaker to even those in Crusade. None really strike you as memorable (or even likeable).

I'm sorry to say, it gets a thumbs down from this B5 fanatic, although when it comes out here as a series, I'll probably give it a chance and watch the first few episodes.

It's just, after the pilot, I can't see myself going out of my way to watch it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Skyclad

They made 14 episodes of crusade, go back and look at the first 14 episodes of Bab 5. They didnt have much in the way of storylines either, mostly character info and faction introduction. A series needs a season or more to really get into the action a bit.

Dave

Advertisement