Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gunz N' Rozes Tribute

• 21-04-2002 3:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

Just went to the GnR tribut at the Olympia today. Although 2 of my posse didn't get in because of no IDs, and went to DNC.

I also went in October to see the same band also. This time they had a Different SLASH, aho wasn't as good as the first one, and he had alot of problems with distortion and feedback.

Did anyone else go? and what are your opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

I went too.

Had good fun but the sound in the place was terrible. Last few times I've been at the olympia it has been too loud and unclear. My ears are ringing today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Oh hell I know. The singing was completely drowned out. That little bass solo was pretty cool, though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Was it a new drummer 'cos he was terrible, he fúcked up the timing and fills on numerous occasions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Nah. Same drummer as last time. He sounded OK to me, but then again I'm not a drummer so I wasn't being as much as a perfectionist as I was with the Guitarists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I was there on Sat. night in the Olympia (as in November), and I must say that whilst they were pretty damn f*cking good, they weren't quite as good as the last time.

They took a little while to warm up and get going me thinks?

Also. the sound in the place was a bit iffy too :|

• Advertisement
Advertisement