Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Did I miss something.....(for admin attn:)

• 21-04-2002 11:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭

I just noticed that I've just become Green Issues Mod. Now I'm not complaining or anything like that, but some advanced warning would have been appreciated, as it could have bee weeks b4 I would have noticed it (i'm even surpirsed that i noticed it now), and the form would have been left unmoderated. (What happened to Typedef?)

A simple mail or PM would have done, nothing special. A simple " You are the Green Issues Mod" message would have done :). I think this is were that board from the failed mail list would come in handy (nudge, nudge, DeV).

Having said that I am more that happy to take on the duties of Green Issues mod, I'll enjoy gettinf tough on the eco-warrior :D

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

nuffin to do wit me.... weird.

Cloud is bored and has nothing to do at the moment so I think we should all hang on to something as it could be a bumpy ride for the next few weeks :)

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

Like I said in another post, we'll be getting to see this gathering card played a lot over the next few weeks then :D

cloud9.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Keeks
    I just noticed that I've just become Green Issues Mod. Now I'm not complaining or anything like that, but some advanced warning would have been appreciated, as it could have bee weeks b4 I would have noticed it (i'm even surpirsed that i noticed it now), and the form would have been left unmoderated. (What happened to Typedef?)
    I understand there was an agreement :) or disagreement :( with Cloud. Don't know really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Originally posted by Victor

I understand there was an agreement :) or disagreement :( with Cloud. Don't know really.
    i'd imagine it was the persistant muppetry as of late tbh. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Thanks Keeks, would appreciate if you'd look after it for a while until someone else can help you out. Sorry for increasing your load without telling you; I tend to do first / ask later which can be a bit remiss.

Typedef's moderatorship was removed following an abusive post.

• Advertisement

np Cloud....I'm well used to the way this place works by now...its the same way work operates....i'm more than willing to look after if for a long as needed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Originally posted by Cloud
    Thanks Keeks, would appreciate if you'd look after it for a while until someone else can help you out. Sorry for increasing your load without telling you; I tend to do first / ask later which can be a bit remiss.

Typedef's moderatorship was removed following an abusive post.

Hmm well consider me freed from being your free worker, I have better things to do then to get abused by your psuedo-muppet empolyees as well as having better things to do then to work for free for you people only to get shat on by the wee lifeless kiddies that pervade your site.

In any case I won't have to devote any more of my time to working for free, I can get paid to do that sort of thing.

Please feel free to flame away, at least now, I won't have to feel any kind of obligation to subject myself to muppetry because of responsibilities I undertook to fulfill.

I would just like to say hi, to Dustaz, logic1, Shinji and WhiteWashMan.... may you spend countless hours frittering away your life posting utter crap to this message board and bitiching amongst yourselves on IRC after all you do it so well, I'm off to do all the things that got put on the back burner when I became involved with this site, perhaps I will devote some time and effort to some open source projects which would seem perhaps more inline with the motif of my entire impetus in creating that message board, namely contribution to a worthy cause I believe in gratis.
    Unfortunately it is the case that boards.ie has affiliations that make money for spinsol ( I could be wrong but I don't think so), and for me, I don't feel any particular burning desire to contribute my time and effort to a website that ultimately gets used to financially remunerate or promote a particular company, when I get none of the financial remuneration.

In effect do I feel a burning desire to make this site great for Cloud and Devore to use as a sales example? Well as much as I like Devore and have nothing against Cloud, I don't feel a burning desire to be attacked and referenced in a deragatory way ad nausea by my former co-mods, not in any way, shape of form, so no, the answer is I don't.

Thank you everybody and please don't forget to vote.

This is all a bit biblical, I feel like Lucifer.

Ha, ha.

Bye now.

Typedef - I admire your contribution to the Green Issues board, and am sorry to have had to remove your moderatorship. Unfortunately your comments on the Admin forum reflected poorly on the moderators as a group, and after a number of complaints (I can clarify that none of them were from those you specifically targetted in your message above), I felt it was best to remove you as moderator [albeit temporarily I had hoped].

I realise this has left a sour taste in the mouths of many of our users. If I can help in rectifying the situation, let me know.

John.
    --
    BTW while boards.ie is owned by the directors of Spin Solutions Ltd. and Cloud (Sole Trader), we have not earned a single penny from this site so far (correct me if I'm wrong fellow admins).

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Uh, I donno whats going on. Been out of it for a while.

Boards.ie is nothing but a money sink for the guys who run it. I very much doubt we have ever made any money by being associated with Boards.
    In fact, I'd say we've lost contracts based on middle managers judging us as "oh arent those the weirdos behind that boards.ie thing?".
    I care not but noone is getting rich off the back of any moderators thats for sure. I'm sorry to see this develop in this manner but I'm not getting involved in it.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

hmmmm sounds like a plan dev..

until someone else can help you out.
    *ahem* ;)

/waves hand vigorously in air :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

reading clouds reply i went back and read typedefs post (mmm, ignore is wonderful).

edit: really cant be arsed

Yes well said Dustaz, that about sums it up for you doesn't it.

Let me say in the most unequivocal way that I no longer want any part of this stupidity the above is a prime example why. It is demeaning to my intellegence to deal with this kind of nonesense from a supposed 'venerated' moderator, when in reality if Dustaz is an example of what a moderator is, then that is exactly what I am not.

No permanancy suits me just fine vis-a-vis my deposition if I may suggest a successor I would name Victor, Bonkey, the Corinthian or Occy as of all the moderators they seem to me to be friendly and level headed.

I am no longer willing to subject myself to such personal derision and will not participate in these infintile recriminations and counter tirades, it serves no purpose for me, end of story.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Originally posted by azezil

*ahem* ;)

/waves hand vigorously in air :D

if I hoist ya up on me shoulders Azezil, he might see ya better :D

/jumps up on Beruthiel's shoulders

I agree with some of your points Typedef; and it takes two (or more) to tango - I/we will not endure any petty tirades between moderators. Typedef, if you are willing to keep moderating the GI forum I am happy to reinstate you.

Typedef - I admire your contribution to the Green Issues board, and am sorry to have had to remove your moderatorship. Unfortunately your comments on the Admin forum reflected poorly on the moderators as a group, and after a number of complaints (I can clarify that none of them were from those you specifically targetted in your message above), I felt it was best to remove you as moderator [albeit temporarily I had hoped].

Save me the party spiel please, you obviously don't admire my contribution to boards.ie, else you would have cracked down on the back stabbing and personal attacks that eminate from your so called moderators as opposed to cracking down on me. I can only presume you are speaking of Monty, who I had an altercation with in pm's. In a similar fashion personal attacks against me were left go unchecked by Monty and when I interjected to defend myself in Loco Monty, Monty objected. That is fine and obviously you would much rather run this site as a popularity contest with the biggest grouping of whinges in unison winning, that is fine obviously it works for you and great more power to you, I respect that truely I do, you have a perogative that is a contradiction, one set of rules for your 'elite' and yet still more rules that are unspoken but transcend your elite rules in effect you espouse mob rule.

Good for you if that is your perogative, however I will not engage further in this fiasco, it is personally demeaning.

As far as I can count Boston, Myself and perhaps two or three other moderators still serving (barely) or gone have fallen foul of the same group of buffoons, that is just fine, I had in the past brought to light the near organised harressment of members of this bulletin board due to the whim of some of it's regulars, the people who run this site chose not to do anything concrete about that and in the end I became marred in the same quagmire of increduleous harressment that I had been attempting to defend Boston from, yet again the Administrators have acted against the victim as opposed to the perpitrator in this instance.

Well goodbye and goodluck, needless to say when I make even more money than I do now and am even better at the sort of job I do now than I already am this entire period of involvement and outcome will get as much attention from me as it deserves.

Lots of love now.
    Typedef.

Edit:

Tyepdef, I dont like you. I have you on ignore for that reason. Your comments make me angry so i respond hastily and write things i wouldnt normally, so i edit my posts. thats all fact.

I wont bother with opinion since we all know where that ends up.
    so thats it really, apart from saying that modding is work and equating it with employment is pretty ridiculous.

End of thread [well it was until someone started a new one].

Typedef, I was willing to accept I may have acted hastily -

However it is unfair to call me a liar - when I said I appreciated the work you were doing on the Green Issues board, I meant it - but that cannot override the insulting nature of your recent posts. Anyone who has been here for more than a few months knows that I don't play favourites just because someone is a moderator.

Anyway, farewell. You'll probably feel victimised no matter what I say. As regards your follow up rant, Monty was not involved - don't bother accusing anyone else either.

• Advertisement

my head hurts.... can I be excused now...

DeV.

You are as ignorant as you seem.

Number one I'm not a student, so that about sums up the litany of stupid remarks in the last post of the pervious thread.

You need to find a reason to exist that does not involve gaining notierity through other people, example use of a link regarding ignorning me in your sig, example modding IOFL.

For your jaundiced information, I'm not a college student, so your argument is as always flawed.

Bye now.

apologies, you told me you were in college in IRC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭Pablo

i know this is not my fight or it concerns me but i feel compelled to speak.

things like this seem to crop up when people get too big for their boots . they think that they own this place , they think that they are above the law. seems sad really (on many levels ) :( .

Well why am I not surprised you got the wrong end of the stick?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

relax for **** sake. it's boards it's meant to be a laugh! not sound like some soft of bloody war trial!

Originally posted by DeVore
    my head hurts.... can I be excused now...

DeV.

/me is now sorry that he opened Pandora's box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

As a mod, It takes a remarkably small amount of time to mod the nets/comms forum. It doesn't really need to be modded.

I've never had a problem with you or made note of you at all, but your comments of late have been remarkably condescending and offensive to me as a boards.ie reader and moderator.

Gav

Typedef - will u pls delete some of the items in ur Pm folder, i can't reply to ur message

• Advertisement

End of thread [well it was until someone started a new one].

Typedef, I was willing to accept I may have acted hastily -

However it is unfair to call me a liar - when I said I appreciated the work you were doing on the Green Issues board, I meant it - but that cannot override the insulting nature of your recent posts. Anyone who has been here for more than a few months knows that I don't play favourites just because someone is a moderator.

Anyway, farewell. You'll probably feel victimised no matter what I say. As regards your follow up rant, Monty was not involved - don't bother accusing anyone else either.

With the greatest of respect now Cloud you are now flogging a dead horse.

I have detailed in a number of threads my giveance and said griveance has in a contiguous fashion been ignored.
    Wether I feel a victim or not because of this is irrelevant and does not address the issue.

I will not submit to a yo-yo effect as regards this matter. The decision is made, the lack of action to placate personal attacks on this site made that decision for me and to be frank I really have better things to do than to start measuring the distance the urine is flying here.

It is a shame it has to end this way, but hey, life is never fair now is it.

I'm sure the pseudo-Typedef moderator will be of a calibre that is more indicitative of the 'spirit' of business in these here parts.

Needless to say I have already named who I believe should intercede and moderate now, as Keeks in my opinion smelled carrion and came scavenging. Victor and Bonkey have both made pertinant contributions to the discussions on Green Issues and thus would seem logical choices. In any case I'm quite sure as always my opinion will be utterly ignored, sufficive to say that while I may have had philosophical differences with the users of some of the American sites I have posted to, those sites do not tolerate the moronic kind of stalking that infests this one. Perhaps I will start my own Unix and or Linux bulletin board that specifically caters for *nix topics of Irish interest.

Yes I think that would please me. I might just do that.

Just for my final post to boards.ie I would like to encourage eveyone reading this to sponsor a child in Uganda, if you use the text editor vim then try issuing it the command :help uganda. In any case as my final word on boards.ie I would like to say get up off of your excuses and :help uganda.

Your Sincerly

Brian O'Donoghue
    cout@eircom.net

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

must..get...last...word in....

...make the bad men stop....

"and me mam was givin out.... well me da started it..."

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

/begin pointless post

melodrama Pronunciation Key (ml-dräm, -drm)
    n.

A drama, characterized by exaggerated emotions, stereotypical characters, and interpersonal conflicts.

/end pointless post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Boston2

Typedef what you did was wrong, and when you have a friend an enemy and a “neutral” telling you the same thing then it must be true. I learnt along time ago that just because “they” do it and get away with it, doesn’t mean you can do it and get away with it.
    Except what I am saying, because I am the only one here that has an idea of the abuse you have suffered at the hands of these people while others watched on. I have to say it sickens me to see what you received and only serves to reaffirms my decision to leave.

You lowered yourself to their level, something I may be partly to blame for, and they took something from you that only you could have given. I’m not talking about a mod ship but that’s little thing that made you better then them is now gone. I have to wonder if certain people spent as much time observing what way the other mods were acting and treating people, events might not have reached their current climax.

I left in the slim hope that maybe they would be satisfied with my scalp, and leave well enough alone, I was wrong. Instead they redoubled their efforts and did to you what I would not allow them to do to me, and for that I am sorry. If I hadn’t of left to let you face this onslaught on your own, maybe things would be different.

I have to ask, who is next. What of the few remaining moderates will you people now pick the bones dry of? Bonkey maybe, someone with their own opinion and is willing to voice it. Bound to be a treat to you people at some stage.

Anyway, looks like afew things will still need to be settled this Saturday, hope you turn up typedef.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

"Boston2"

glenstal.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Ah bejebus SMAK
    You've done it again :D

looks like we should all go register our user name w/ a number on the end just in case we get the 12 click.
    Could be handy down the road ;)

Originally posted by 80project
    looks like we should all go register our user name w/ a number on the end just in case we get the 12 click. Could be handy down the road ;)

I was wondering where 79project has been the last while. :D

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

aargh a nasty hole in the ignore feature...

Though boston2 isn't exactly new....
    newnicksamecrap.jpg

I'd say that the "you people" that you speak of will continue to target anyone who displays idiocy above and beyond some arbitrary amount... it's irrelevant in fact whether the poster is a moderator or otherwise. In fact, it is almost unique that moderators would display such idiocy....
    Reminds me of a saying my mother would say "Everyone is out of step except our Jim" (a comment a mother made when watching a group of soldiers, including her son, marching).

I was wondering where 79project has been the last while.

Yeh I'd forgotten how easy it would be for me.

TBH, if I was boston i would have gone for the...
    "bost0n" or "b0st0n" options.

not that i'm advocating that ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Brian O'Donoghue

hmm, you didnt go to DCU did you?

i know 2 B O'Ds there

• Advertisement

Hang on people.

1. Boston wasnt 12-clicked. So I dont know why Boston2 has come along but I prefered Boston and I think I'll execute some executive command power about that one.

2. Typedef, much as people didnt like Boston and were arguing against his moderatorship (which they would *still* be arguing against if he hadnt stepped down).... noone forced you to post what you posted, noone conspired against you and having a go at Cloud after he's admitted he was a bit hasty is dumb.

3. You havent been victimised and you havent been badgered. You placed your head firmly up your own ass. It happens to the best of us. Zero was banned from these boards for something similar and ffs Zero is my Clan Leader , so dont throw the "favouritism" card at us because everyone gets smacked every now and then. Doesnt stop us from acknowledging when they do a good job. Boston is a good example of that at least.

4. I'm sorry if you decide to go. Dont be all melodramatic about it, ffs. Keep your head on, your temper cool and your dictionary in your back pocket. Clouds said it was only temporary (though you've said some pretty mean things about us all here in the mean time).

Sheesh... I'm going for a diplomatic job in Israel ... its got to be easier...

DeV.

Sheesh... I'm going for a diplomatic job in Israel ... its got to be easier...
    DeV.

Foreign Affairs are now accepting applications for 3rd Secretary.
    You'd be perfect :D

no way, hed only show hamas how to rocket jump...

Boston wasnt 12-clicked. So I dont know why Boston2 has come along but I prefered Boston and I think I'll execute some executive command power about that one.

There was something about lost passwords (or a cunning way to get Boston's password?).

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=21663

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

I for one will miss Typedef's contributions to boards.ie. He made an excellent Greens mod and also made a some fine contributions to the humanities forum.
    I agree with totally Bostons analysis of what happened. It was unfortunate that he stooped to 'their' level.
    'These' members that Boston talks about have far too much time on their hands.
    Its a sad week in the history of boards.ie. I only hope that this scenario doesnt repeat itsef......watch this space!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Funny, I thought *most* of Typedef's posts made sense, although I didn't see his abusive posts on the admin board (are they gone?), and he did ramble on quite a bit. Couldn't call him a spammer tho.

I blind, tho, and can't see a troll thread, even if it jumps up and grabs me, and so I can't comment on any of this.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

jesus christ, it's the internet, relax. It's meant to be fun. it is not real life.

"mammy mammy he called me a muppet....he said im gh3y..wah wah wah"

Originally posted by seamus
    Funny, I thought *most* of Typedef's posts made sense, although I didn't see his abusive posts on the admin board (are they gone?), and he did ramble on quite a bit. Couldn't call him a spammer tho.

I blind, tho, and can't see a troll thread, even if it jumps up and grabs me, and so I can't comment on any of this.

now see that’s just a blatant troll :p

/pointing out a troll doesn't constitute trolling ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Shouldn't a PI mod be *sensitive* :p.

(Sorry, I'm going home now, the spam will stop)

Originally posted by seamus
    Shouldn't a PI mod be *sensitive* :p.

(Sorry, I'm going home now, the spam will stop)

yeah that SharoN chaps a muppet aint' he ;):p LOL :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement