Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Did I miss something.....(for admin attn:)

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Boston2

much as people didn’t like Boston and were arguing against his moderatorship (which they would *still* be arguing against if he hadnt stepped down)....

True, but it was appearance that certain parties were determined to start fights on the forum and then call for me to be removed as soon as I deleted their respective crap. This situation could not continue, as mod of that forum I would have failed in my responsibility to that forum and boards.ie management if I allowed it to continue.

I also left I could adequately moderate a forum if every move was to be examined in detail for any cock up. Everybody has a bad day, and it wasn’t beyond the possibility that someday I could come in there see an abusive topic and go over board and ask in hast. Cloud has proven that none of us make 100% correct decisions and it took your personal intervention several times devore on my behalf to quash the dissention in the ranks and they were times I was in the right, id hate to see it if someone actually had a case to bear.

It got to the stage were I think there were 3 calls from prominent moderators and an admin for my moderator ship to be removed in the space of 7 days.
    I didn’t need this hassle, not at this moment in time anyway. People seem to forget that there are people behind the put downs. People who might not necessarily have the time to be coming here and get abused. Who might be coming here to get away from all that crap and relax

I still think that boards.ie is the best community around, and im certain ill be back this way but not for along while. It’s just a shame things didn’t work out better, I think you guys would have probably likes me if had taken the time to bother.
    I have to say I was dead happy when I was made a mod, I was determined not to let what had been past downfalls effect it, and to treat everyone there, no matter how much I disliked them personally, with the respect they deserved, I was determined not to treat others how I had been treated, and you know I think a few people realized that and not matter what happens I hope that’s what they remember about me and tell people in case anybody would ask.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Why the new user account tho?

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Boston2

I cant post here remember?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

rofololfofololofofofrofle!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Here on Admin or here on the site?
    I havent banned you from anywhere to my recollection.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

what a bunch of whinging bítches.

get a fúcking life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan
    what a bunch of whinging bítches.

get a fúcking life.

That is rich

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

here we go again:/

Originally posted by Boston

That is rich

lets get 2 things straight shall we.

1) i actually tried to talk to you and make ou understand why you were annoying people. you ignored me. thats your perogative

2) you left of your own free will. that is also your perogative.

you are still whinging.

that is rich.

as to why you are still moaning about it i dont know
    this isnt a republic, youre voice doesnt nesseccarily get heard and people dont always agree with you.
    its not a happy happy land.

its a board, nothing more nothing less. if you dont like it, go away
    no ones keeping you here.
    bye.
    cya.
    i dont care if you stay or go, but if youre gonna behave like a bítch, then prepare to be treated like one.

otherwise, have a nice day and feel free to post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Ahhh. I go away for a couple of days and missed all the fun.

I've p1ssed off people with some of my own antics over the years, weither it be by my own stupidity, ego or just plain muppetry. Which-ever the case, I've tried to get it sorted out with them myself and try and make things right. I think Cloud is/was trying to do the same with TypeDef.

However, contining the arguement and lashing in the insults even after the 'hand of friendship' has been passed never gets anyone anywhere.

A recent example -

to quote boston :
    True, but it was appearance that certain parties were determined to start fights on the forum and then call for me to be removed as soon as I deleted their respective crap.

May I remind you of the private messages you received and replied to myself. I don't need to paste them back here, but it does look like you have either forgotten what you said, you have a short memory or you changed your mind. A quick reminder -
    ..I want to thank you for trying to talk it over and giving me a chance most wouldnt. your ok in my book.

Boston - How many other people did you make amends with and now it appears you just want to p1ss them off again?

Gah, I give up.

How many other people did you make amends with and now it appears you just want to p1ss them off again?

All those i made amends with, it is stil lthe case. As for wwm i really dont care, ive steped back and read several of his post recently from an objective point and all i see is him, right or wrong, cuting into people.
    May I remind you of the private messages you received and replied to myself. I don't need to paste them back here, but it does look like you have either forgotten what you said, you have a short memory or you changed your mind. A quick reminder -

Post the whole thing, i never saids anything in private i wouldnt say in publc. I wasnt refering to you btw in my post;.

Wwm, ill do what i want because ive allways done what i want, you dont effect my decision making process, Im posting here this week for a cuple of times, because by this day one week ill no longer have internet access because i really dont want people winging at me for being me any longer.

Btw "be more like me" isnt good advise to give anyone

Btw "be more like me" isnt good advise to give anyone

and youve taken this quote from where exactly?
    now you really are whinging.
    go away little baby.
    go away and cry.

Yes little, I am a tiny hunched over man, living in a cave, in wicklow with no company but the sheep. I spend all day on the computer talking to people because my life is sad and monotonous and ive no rock music to listen to. I was raise fom a baby by wild dogs and this is why i have no human relations skills. Woe is me Woe is me Woe is me... ect

Now that's sarcasm
    Yawn

• Advertisement

Yes little, I am a tiny hunched over man, living in a cave, in wicklow with no company but the sheep. I spend all day on the computer talking to people because my life is sad and monotonous and ive no rock music to listen to. I was raise fom a baby by wild dogs and this is why i have no human relations skills. Woe is me Woe is me Woe is me... ect

Now that's sarcasm
    Yawn

thats not sarcasm. its not subtle enough.
    no wonder you bore yourself.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

wwmsuperflame.jpg

I was gonna put way more text in there, but there was far too much to write :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

what super troll not good enough for ya!??

wwmansupertroll.jpg

Hows this for DeVore Intervention.

*closed*

Any more such bitching will be frowned on quite intensely.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement