Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dune 2000

• 21-04-2002 12:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭

I have to say that the series is actually surprisingly good.

The first few episodes tell the story of the film, with a few suttle changes to give it much more depth.; The charactors arn't as 2D as in the film, and over all i can see this becoming a hit.

The graphics, while not what you would expect in say the likes of star trek or even b5 and more then compinsated for by the sets.

This is one to watch out for

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I enjoyed it.. though was not brilliant it was watchable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

I was really very pleased with it, I must say. At least it had none of those idiotic "weirding modules" which marred the 1984 film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

I ejoyed this it does show a lot more that the original movie didn't, nice build up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Terran

It's a series?! Why wasn't I informed! Is it like Harkonnen and Atreides etc.? Is there Sandworms in it? IS THERE SANDWORMS IN IT?!

Yes, there are sandworms in it. You can get it on video and DVD from Amazon.co.uk

• Advertisement

or just rent it from Xtravision. Although i must admit that i loved the original :o

Yeah but what about those "weirding modules". Gods, what a waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Gorthaur

They tried to get a part of the bookin to the film without explanation. Paul Atreides teaches the fremen the Bene Gesserit (BG) fighting techniques one of which is VOICE. Basically you can controll people by speaking with the right tone and inflection.Only works for second but is usually good enough if your at the B.G. level of fighting.

The ultimate control of voice allows you to kill with an appropriate word. Muad'dib (P.A's fremen name ) is one of these wordswhich pleases the Fremen no end.

Assof that was to "complicated" for a movie audience(even one who'd read 4-5 books of DUNE by the time the movie came out hence"weirding modules".

Also the Fremen refer to the B.G. fighting techinques as the "weirding way of battle"

(As far as I can remember that's the storyline anyway ,it's 10years since I read them)

Advertisement