Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sunday morning hangovers

• 21-04-2002 12:57pm

Daylight breaks...6:30 am...clothes in a heap on the floor...smell of stale booze in the air...you're sprawled on the bed, talking ****e in your uneasy sleep...then you wake.
    At first you try to move...then realise that your head is not in the best form...the slightest move will elicit a low moan..*GROAN* :confused: ...the taste of dryness and stale Carlsberg languishes in your mouth...you try to go back to sleep...realise you can't and are forced to lie on the bed, thinking that you will never again drink...the old promise that never sticks...

yes...it must be sunday morning...the effects of the previous night just jump back and hit you.

It's what's commonly referred to, in technical terms...as being f*u*c*ked.

Hangovers...the reminder of how much money one spent and quantity of booze drank. :mad:

What a day.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

Originally posted by MoonHawk
    Daylight breaks...6:30 am...clothes in a heap on the floor...smell of stale booze in the air...you're sprawled on the bed, talking ****e in your uneasy sleep...then you wake.

If I have a hangover on a Sunday morning it ain't 6:30am i.m waking up at....its closer to 6:30 PM. :) I'd only be getting into my bed at 6:30am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

don't ya just hate it when you drink too much, then lie down and it seems like everything spinning!! and then the inevitable pukeing all over yourself... :o

Originally posted by azezil
    don't ya just hate it when you drink too much, then lie down and it seems like everything spinning!! and then the inevitable pukeing all over yourself... :o

nope...not at all. Its worse when the GF does it....alll over u...when ur sleeping...oh horrible thought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Originally posted by Keeks

nope...not at all. Its worse when the GF does it....alll over u...when ur sleeping...oh horrible thought
    LMAO :D ewww

It almost happend...it was a 'casual Vomit" first on the blanket over me, b4 see felt the full urge to go, and only just makde the bathroom, all while i was totally unconcious. The thought the next day i i could've been waking up in the middle of her puke was now comforting.

An ex-GF puked over the opposite side of the bed one time without knowing bought it...untill she stepped in it :)... the thought that it could have been my face wasn't pleasing...women just can't hold there drink...can they?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

hmmm... interesting type of girl you go for there... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

I dunno about others but from my experience i tend to become a devout Christian (or indeed praise any God I can lay my hands on!) whenever I start to Puke. You know, "Oh God"..."Blegghhhhh!!!" "Sweet Jesus"...."Bleeggggghhhhhh" "SAVE ME!!!!!"......"BLEEEGGGHHHHHH" And then.......the calm before the storm....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

and its even worse when it in the hilton hotel.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Khynareth

Originally posted by Okie
    I dunno about others but from my experience i tend to become a devout Christian (or indeed praise any God I can lay my hands on!) whenever I start to Puke. You know, "Oh God"..."Blegghhhhh!!!" "Sweet Jesus"...."Bleeggggghhhhhh" "SAVE ME!!!!!"......"BLEEEGGGHHHHHH" And then.......the calm before the storm....

Couldn't have said it better... Communion with the toilet water, that's all we need...

Then I usually start apoligisig profusely to whomever the toilets belong to...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

Originally posted by Khynareth

Couldn't have said it better... Communion with the toilet water, that's all we need...

Then I usually start apoligisig profusely to whomever the toilets belong to...

Start apologising? Well if you can tear the side of your face away from the cool, refreshing side of the cold porcelain bowl and find the kind person who donated the afformentioned toilet/bath, then by all means, apologise!!! :)
    Once the ordeal is over I usually get the overpoweing need to brush my teeth about twenty/thirty times :p
    Ahhh, alcohol, is there anything you can't do? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by azezil

The 'Spins' I calls em, feel like that Sci-Fi torture orb thing where you're kept spinning and gyrating in all directions while unable to move your limbs. Comes pretty close to describing the feeling I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭dysfunct

I had a "Sunday Morning Hangover" last sunday,
    I think i deserved it though, it was after my first cousins stag night and i did drink beer, and shorts, and champain in the head.

One more drink and i would have been praying to the porcelain god.

Woke up the next morning and it felt like someone was tapdancing on my head.
    I tried to lift my heavy head but the spinning room wouldnt let me.
    Oh and my carpet tongue was attached to the roof of my mouth.

Try to hock some spit, none there, tried to move again, spinning ensued.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Just grin and bear it lads. It comes with the territory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It almost happend...it was a 'casual Vomit" first on the blanket
    New Year's Eve a few years ago. Too much tequila. Image altered to protect the guilty.

WARNING: NOT FOR THE WEAK OF STOMACH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yum!!

I tend to keep going back to sleep until I feel bad enough to get up and puke. After which, I will go for a short constitutional for a tuna roll, then retire to my sitting room to eat it with a cup of sugarey coffee. mmmmmm....

:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i get out of bed, stumble down to the computer and then go on IRC.

i don't get hangovers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

The worst Sunday hangovers are the ones from a good Friday night out, the head is fine but the throat is still acting up.
    Ah, sweet Lucozade....King Crisps are also a frequent hangover cure for me, don't know why, probably just a personal thing...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

New gathering card "Gross Out".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

puking
    and the ineviatale "...but i never eat carrots dilema?"

Talking to Earl and Hewie on the big white telephone...Earllllllll...bhhh... Hewwwieeeeeeeeee.etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

S'funny, everyone talks about how they sleep until all hours the day after being out on the lash... Am I the only one who always finds that if I've been drinking hard, I can only sleep for four or five hours, tops? It's annoying actually - if I'm staying at someone elses place, it means I'm usually mooching about awake for a good two or three hours before they even think about surfacing. I tend to bring a book/GBA/laptop with me on the beer for this reason... :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Sibeal

what was REALLY scary was logic this morning;
    up bright n early @ 9.30 (after going asleep about 4) NO hangover (am not joking) and was very chirpy
    i think his stomach is made of lead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

I've never had a proper hangover before and I drank loads of drinks at one point... oh yeah... the work christmas party... so savage :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I have the same thing most of the time too Rob. This morning I got up at around 8:30ish on Lemmings couch (nice leopard skin blanket - very kinky) and no-one really rose until I left at 11ish.
    Thank god there were a few newspapers around :)

Still have a hlf bottle of Vodka in my bag. Plans to consume it last night failed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I couldn't even sleep, started watching television around 8am, went back to bed a bit later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

no its really bad when your sick from drink but just cant vomit , then you go to work on a meat counter and have to cut luncheon , and from the first smell of it you just cant stop heaving, aw man thats disgusting , but usually works to clear your stomach until you get to scuring the raw chickens .god i should either giv up drink or my job , mmmmm hard decision .......not .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I dont get hangovers either. I normally fall into bed around 4.30 and arise about 9.30 - 10.00 then its down to the shop for some breakfast roll goodness. Fantastic.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭SYL

Been a good while since I spewed from Drink Consumption (amongst other things). This is a good thing, as any Guinness drinker will tell you because Guinness chunks are rank, tastes like you're spewing car battery acid, and the guinness hangovers are just terrible, sweats, shakes, paranoia and the rest. And that is BEFORE you head to the jacks in the morning, in there I have had several Indiana Jones type experiences on the can (boulders, voodoo chanting etc etc etc.)
    In my experience, Guinness hangovers are only bested by Cider. What kunt invented that drink???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭Gerry

Originally posted by SYL
    Been a good while since I spewed from Drink Consumption (amongst other things). This is a good thing, as any Guinness drinker will tell you because Guinness chunks are rank, tastes like you're spewing car battery acid, and the guinness hangovers are just terrible, sweats, shakes, paranoia and the rest. And that is BEFORE you head to the jacks in the morning, in there I have had several Indiana Jones type experiences on the can (boulders, voodoo chanting etc etc etc.)
    In my experience, Guinness hangovers are only bested by Cider. What kunt invented that drink???

Ah yes, I did this a few weeks back. So shocked was I to find a pub in town with good guinness, that I started lashing the pints back. Of course I forgot that I had previously consumed a buckfast. *shudder*

Advertisement