Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two comps into one HiSpeed Box

• 17-05-2001 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭

Just got a HiSpeed box installed in the gaff. There are two PC's each with ISDN modems, each connected to one of the ISDN channels. These have two seperate numbers.

Will calls made from one PC only go to the channel that the machine is connected to, so that when the bill arrives we know who needs to pay what?

Or, if one comp is on and the other isn't, does it default to using the first channel? I ask this because you can obviously use both channels with just one RJ45.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭Leverz

Billing I aint sure about tbh, but you can use duel channel with the one connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

I'm pretty sure you can choose what channel you use in your internet connection settings. When I create a dialup account it asks me which channel I want to use with my asus. I always use the second channel to leave our normal phone number free. So it seems you can force it to use the 2nd channel even if the first is idle.
    quozl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Thats what I'm hoping, I have the first number as the primary number when setting up the TA (both are Eicon Divas), and my flatmate put the other number as primary.

Doubtless we'll find out when the first bill rolls in smile.gif

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 285 ✭✭sam

my bill doesnt get split between the numbers, as it is, for me anyway, theres no way to tell which phone line ive been making what calls from on the bill

Advertisement