Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Topic X

Options
  • 21-04-2002 2:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭

hey, i've been reading guitar tabs off the internet...what am i supposed to do when theres a big bunch of x's...like this...

E-7-X-X-X-X-7-X-X-7-7-X-X-7-X-X-X-X-X-X-7-7-X-X
    B-7-X-X-X-X-7-X-X-7-7-X-X-7-X-X-X-X-X-X-7-7-X-X
    G-8-X-X-X-X-8-X-X-8-8-X-X-8-X-X-X-X-X-X-8-8-X-X
    D-9-X-X-X-X-9-X-X-9-9-X-X-9-X-X-X-X-X-X-9-9-X-X
    A-9-X-X-X-X-9-X-X-9-9-X-X-9-X-X-X-X-X-X-9-9-X-X
    E-7-X-X-X-X-7-X-X-7-7-X-X-7-X-X-X-X-X-X-7-7-X-X

cheers...

Kurdt

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Whisper

my chicken can cluck the alphabet.
    bca! A bca! B bca! C I hope you no where im going with this, BCA! Z
    Do you like melaton I was at their instore gig in tower records and it rocked, this has nothiing to do with guitar tabs but ye know....melaton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

yeah, i like melaton...wasnt at the instore but saw luke playing solo during the week...excellent, twas just excellent!!!

and no, i don't know what yer saying...can you make it so a complete know nothing on a guitar would understand...

thank you

Kurdt

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

It's probably - hold your hand over the strings to mute them and stop them from playing any notes. You get a thrum or thwack sound

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

It's pretty simple.

1) Copy and paste all that crap into MS Word. (CTRL + C) (CTRL + V)
    2) Select everything you want to change (CTRL + A)
    3) Select the REPLACE option (CTRL + H)
    3) Then in the "Find and Replace" dialog box type "-X" (without the inverted commas) into the "Find what?" line and similarily type "--" into the "Replace With" line.

Your finished result will look like this.

E-7
    7-7
    7-7----
    B-7
    7-7
    7-7----
    G-8
    8-8
    8-8----
    D-9
    9-9
    9-9----
    A-9
    9-9
    9-9----
    E-7
    7-7
    7-7----

** Alternatively your question might be you wondering if all those X's represent chords that are supposed to be played? In which case I'd have to say no and that it was a mistake on the part of whoever wrote them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Yeh the X 's usually represent that you dont play a certain string in a chord.. but that many X's makes it really difficult to read. It just means dont play anything but normally dashes are used like Pigman said.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

i thank you all for yer efforts

Advertisement