Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

privicy question

• 21-04-2002 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

just wondering. what exactly is the privacy statement on boards is. there's a link in the registration thing, i think, but it goes nowhere.

i would hope that my email address is not going to be sold to no-one, unless i was getting money or computer games for it.

although if the money went towards making this place even better, i'm all for it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Who said that? Did you hear that?

cue Dev saying something about cold clamy hands and e-mail address's being prized from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Now I was wondering where I was getting the spam from ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

hahaha victor troll head.

Freemasons, theres not a chance that boards.ie will sell your email address, well there is a chance, its just minute.

btw, whats a freemason??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 freemasons

nevertheless. i'd still like to know why there is no privicy statement. and what the official line is.

just to rest my mind like.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Hmm, privacy statement, privacy statement, I know I had one round here somewhere ...

We dont sell email addresses. Ever. We havent ever and as Amp says, unless they prise that list from my dead clammy hands.

Now, some how people complain that we generate a lot of spam to their accounts but I dont know how because we guard them very closely and you cant even see them on the page anymore.

We do (very) occasionally send out a mail shot, DNTK (Dont Need To Know) but only to people who have marked in their UserCP that they dont mind us mailing them. Its about twice a year.

We should have a privacy policy but to be honest when it comes to muppets, I dont want to be restricted in what I can do... like a while ago I posted one guys email address and password because he was really pissing us off.

I'll look into it.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

If you want to do a "C & P" job on this one i did for IrelandOffline, feel free to do so...
    http://irelandoffline.port5.com/legal-privacy.htm :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 freemasons

Originally posted by DeVore
    Hmm, privacy statement, privacy statement, I know I had one round here somewhere ...

We dont sell email addresses. Ever. We havent ever and as Amp says, unless they prise that list from my dead clammy hands.

Now, some how people complain that we generate a lot of spam to their accounts but I dont know how because we guard them very closely and you cant even see them on the page anymore.

We do (very) occasionally send out a mail shot, DNTK (Dont Need To Know) but only to people who have marked in their UserCP that they dont mind us mailing them. Its about twice a year.

We should have a privacy policy but to be honest when it comes to muppets, I dont want to be restricted in what I can do... like a while ago I posted one guys email address and password because he was really pissing us off.

I'll look into it.

DeV.

cool sig man.

Advertisement