Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suurond Sound

• 21-04-2002 3:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,515 ✭✭✭

I am interested in investing in a surrond speaker systems. i was wondering what is the best sound card to buy and whats the price range for it. i was also looking for the speakers to go with them .
    thanks for the help.

P.S Typing this on my new computer. it came with a intergrated sound card and speakers that are not even shieldied properly.

I thought the monitor was messed up until i copped on it was the speakers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I might advise getting one of the Creative surround sound systems. They seem pritty good...but if you gonna watch DvD's i would advise getting one with DTS.....but Dolby is good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

ye im after one also but must be very loud .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

i recently got the dt3500 from creative.
    Its very very nice although at full blast the sub cant keep up with the speakers. Tho full is really rather loud :p

I usually have it at 40% and it fills my medium sized room with sound :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Yea. I have a Sony DAV-S300 home cinema kit. I have it between 10-20 (out of 40). My floor will shake when its at 20. Thats fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Paulj

I got a Creative fps1600 system (4.1 sound), and a Hercules Muse XL (4.1 sound) from www.overclockers.co.uk for STR£85 a few months ago. The sound is great for games and mp3's and DVD. Its a nice budget system with fairly good sound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,515 ✭✭✭irishgeo

I clarify a few things. I want to use it for DVDs, Games and Music.

I want a good Sound Card and some good speakers.

Creative is the best but what should i be looking for on the card.
    what features etc.

I assume surrond speakers are surrond sound speakers with no difference between them.

Can anyone suggest a sound card and speakers.

Or can i buy a package deal of speakers and a sound card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

let us in on what you have to spend as there is a large variety you can buy from cheap to creme de la creme

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Mayshine

Are you gonna play the DVDs/Music from your PC are are you goning to have dedicated DVD/CD players etc. Whats your budget?

I plonked €3k+ at monitor audio and marantz and have got a system that really does everything justice. All I need is the silver center and I'm complete. That will come this week :D

This lets me put the thing up full whack and listen clearly to it inside my neighbours house 50 yard away. Now that is cool. Not looking forward to the day when I have to move to an apartment though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

I got a Creative Inspire 5300 recently. It's 5.1 analogue sound speakers, and I'm quite happy with it for the price (170 Euro from ITDirect)

Advertisement