Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

geforce 3, worth getting?

• 18-05-2001 6:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭

I currently have a geforce 2 gts in my machine (one of the first creative ones), and I was wondering whether upgrading to a geforce 3 would be worth it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Its only really worth it for games that take advantage of its new features, for todays games its not a whole lot faster, though if you run in 32bit colour you will get a decent improvement. I'd wait for the prices to fall a bit more..
    Also, to really take advantage of it you will need a top notch machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

well the fact that you ask the question answers it for you. smile.gif
    its not for you.
    Geforce3 technology is not used in any exiting games and therefore is for hardware fanatics which you aint.
    sorry if i have assumed too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

It's used in Tribes2 tongue.gif

Anyway even if the tech isn't used you can still run in a silly resolution at 32bit and have hihger framerate then all those lower cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

any1 know where would I pick up 1 of them der GeForce3's ?
    What would be a reasonable price to pay ?
    I wonder if peats or Eb have got any in..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

I have mine on order for £325 smile.gif

*cough*
    daves l33t site 0wns j00.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

The cheapest model I've seen is the ELSA 920. ~300stlg. They're due into Dabs.com on the 28th of May.

[This message has been edited by _CreeD_ (edited 19-05-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Stonemason

I agree with gerry i would add that the GF3 with its current drives is no faster than the GF2 64 DDR ultra at the moment (this will change in time) and you wont see the real benefits until games are released especialy for it (SOF2 UUUMMMMM) (echos of pentium mx technolgy but not as bad hehe)Ive looked into getting them but they are way over priced at the mo

Stone biggrin.gif

Advertisement