Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

how many lessons?

Options
  • 21-04-2002 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

i figure the answer to this question really depends on the individual and the teacher, but how many lessons on average does it take for someone who is fairly competent when it comes to driving but only driving during lessons before they'll be prepared for their test?

i've had 2 2 hour lessons so far and seem to be doing alright but i'm just wondering how many lessons it took for everyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Depends on the learner obviously as you've pointed out.

I had four lessons over the four days preceding my test, two different instructors for each of two lessons. One guy was encouraging me to think about what I was doing, the other was forcing me to be mechanical and do everything by rote. Worked fine for me.

Get the person doing the test to take you round and honestly ask them about the progress you're making.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

average 4-5 but if your any way confident or have a clue 2 would do.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

A good instructor will get you started with the basics, 2 - 3 lessons max... then move go out with someone experienced in a car and get used to driving on the road...

When you feel you are getting competent enough to drive on your own, go back to an instructor, especially if you are about to sit your driving text and they will get you to forget about those bad habits and iron out the wrinkles..

I reckon 6 lessons max and a few hours on the road driving with a parent or mate who's an experienced driver... to help you along and that should have ya zipping around no probs in no time...

Good luck with it... :)

Advertisement