Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loaded VooDoo2

Options
  • 21-04-2002 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭

If my hard drives hold out a bit longer.....
    I'm going to mod my VooDoo2 to the limit.
    Three chips = 3 heatsinks, might even be active ones/80mm fan overhead :)

Heading up to Dublin on the 27th, planning tobuy a few fans and get busy modding when i get home.
    Anyone care to suggest decent thermal eoxy? The stuff that will stick the heatsinks to the chip slugs fairly permanently?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

arctic silver thermal compound, at overclockers, probably the best glue type compound u can get (use it on all my graphics cards). Don't use it on a cpu :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

As an aside, many people recommend a 50/50 mix of the Arctic Silver II thermal epoxy and the regular AS II thermal (non-epoxy) paste - it will hold the heatsink on securely but it can still be pulled off by hand when you need to afterwards.

In case it's useful...
    Gadget

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

This would be a pretty much permanent jobbie :)
    I don't think I'll need to put anything on the EDO ram on the board, twill be only the chips (2x TMUs and a TBU afaik) that'll be overclocked.
    Probably won't even need active cooling, the 80mm fan blowing in should be plenty.

Just going to get a bit of experience on this stuff before modding anything more valuable :)

Advertisement