Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can Anybody Solve my Problem

• 21-04-2002 6:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭

Sup everybody i is in need of help as i can not understand for the life of me whats going wit sky one programmin as i was led to believe that this sunday at 9.00 p.m "richard blackwood meets the wwf superstars" was to be shown, and when i heard this i was so excited to see it because im such a huge wrestling fan, but to my complete horror i found out that they are showing models behaving badly for cryin out loud. Wats up wit that.

I welcome all replies please.

Big Willy:(

Im posting a poll also to find out that whether sky should consider lowering the price of wrestling pay per view's as they are very dear momentarily as this months installment is backlash which is very insignificant, so if they are going to charge for wrestling events they should charge for the good ones ie. wrestlemania, summerslam, survivor series, and royal rumble. i know they put some events on box office as they are the ones they retrieved after channel 4 lost their rights to broadcast those such events.

Should Sky charge less for box office events 32 votes

yes, without a doubt
    0% 0 votes
    yes
    71% 23 votes
    no
    15% 5 votes
    absolutely under no circumstances
    12% 4 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

if the Euro exchange rate wasnt so bad .. i suppose u mite be paying a lil bit cheaper..i agree its too much..when i first ordered some of the wrestling..it was something like IR£9.99..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

All WWF PPV's can be gotten for free and it has been discussed several times before in various different threads on these boards.

I know my brother watches Tough Enough 2 etc ect.

So search the ICDG for wrestling content.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Vote with your remote !

If you feel that the pay-per-view events are too expensive, don't pay for them. If Sky don't get buyers, they'll have to re-assess their pay-per-view strategy.

That may involve not bidding so much for the rights, and thereby charging less to the viewers. They can only charge that much because people are willing to pay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Save yerself a cupla nicka and get down the video shop... unless its raining or you have to put on shoes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Backlash is too expensive but no one else bought the rights to show it so Sky stepped in and bought the rights for Box Office. there are only 4 WWF events that may be PPV. Sky have the rights to the other 8 for a few more years and they will be shown on Sky Sports until the contract runs out and then they will all probably end up on PPV.

the Box Office films are definately overpriced. it doesn't make much sense when you can go to the video shop and rent a film for a cheaper price and see it a few months before Box Office.

PPV is the way of the future :mad: :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Originally posted by chernobyl
    All WWF PPV's can be gotten for free and it has been discussed several times before in various different threads on these boards.

I know my brother watches Tough Enough 2 etc ect.

So search the ICDG for wrestling content.

Sup man i have searched through all threads and im almost certain that wwf ppv's cant be always got for free.
    So please inform me where i can get these free pay per view's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

The more Sky charge for box office events and movies,
    the more they are pricing themselves out of an
    indifferent market.
    PPV on the Sky platform has been a disaster and the
    normal family pack subscriber has been subsidising
    these events for years.
    PPV soccer for smaller matches has been attracting viewers in the hundreds rather than the thousands.
    I don't think this is going to change.
    The problem about this is that the regular Sky packages are propping up these events.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 small steve2002

big willy is most definetly rite it should be only shown on sky sports
    :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

yeah i think that too. Like i don't know hardly anyone thats pays for soccer matchs. Everybody just goes down to the pub to watch them instead.

i ordered a game before because i was sick and Arsenal were playing Newcastle so i counldn't go to the pub. i might go for the season ticket next year though. but until then i'll be watching like the majority of viewers in the pub

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I got the Season ticket at the start of the season when it was on discount and as a football fan, i have to out of the 30 odd games i have seen on it possibly 2 were sh*te.
    For some reason all the games have been crackers.
    If its the same price next year i will get it agian.
    And most thursday nights i would a box office movie but the price is a bit much.
    How much is a video that hs been out for 6 months cost ?Are they comparable?As box office movies ahve been out on video for 3 to 6 months (cant rememeber last time i was in a video shop it was punts anyway)
    Kdja

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

I am definitely going to buy the season ticket during the summer. I bought four United games this season which is nearly the cost of the season ticket.

The movies are a little bit expensive. My local chartbusters has dvds for €4.75 a night for new releases. SBO movies are €5.50 I think for movies which are 6-12 months behind. Only plus is you dont have to remember to return the dvds and avoid overdue fees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

I know that i set this forum to discuss box office events, and i know that bleedin premiership plus comes under this category, besides, threads have already discussed bleedin prem +.

so please lets keep this thread to box office events specifically.

Thanx you for your time and the people who worte about prem + for wasting mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭Genghis

How much was premiership plus at the start of the season? And how much does the £8/game cost in Euro? Are games always £8 through the season, or less expensive at the start? How many games do you get (it seems to be one or two a week, right?) Final Q: Is there such a thing as a 'team season ticket' - i.e. a season ticket for all of ManU's games, or all of Arsenals games etc.

Don't know too much about wrestling, those prices seem mega expensive, but then I wouldn't pay for them anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Originally posted by big willy

Sup man i have searched through all threads and im almost certain that wwf ppv's cant be always got for free.

You did not look hard enough, now back to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭skorn

big willy

Black meets WWF ......... is on SkyOne on Tues 30 April @ 9pm or 10pm after Fear Factor

Fear Factor is a WWF special too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Fred Flange

I have to smile when I read the :

Thread name and the Thread Starter's name together.

Problem we could all do with.

Regards

Fred F.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Made me smile too :):)

Ah...only copped that now:)
    I hand my double ententre hat to yez lads:D
    mm
    P.S it would be funnier if the thread starter's nick began with the word small:p

• Advertisement
Advertisement