Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Thinking of getting a Suzuki Marauder 125 v-twin.

Options
  • 21-04-2002 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of getting a Suzuki Marauder 125 or Suzuki Intruder v-twin. A friend had one and I thought it was a gorgeous bike.

I'm gonna try buy off a garage and trade in my NSR125 , so how much would these bikes set ya back now new, and would it be easy to get second hand. What prices should i paying for it?

And probally most important what do you think of this bike and would ya recommend any others. One of the main reasons i wanna get a new bike is cos the NSR is a killer on insurance, me beenin only 20. And getting more a cruiser type bike could half the insurance per year. The NSR ain't in the best of condition anymore either and I don't like the sound of it. Small niggle i know but hey.

Anyhew, any adivse suggestions is appreciated.

Alo'

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I had an intruder up till the start of this year... bootiful bike.. great sound, loads of power (for a 125) and cheap on insurance. (group 2). If you had the extra cash I'd say go for a v-twin! You can get prices for new bikes at

http://www.rossmotorcycles.com

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Eh, I think the marauder 125 is a single cylinder engine, not a V-twin. Nice looking bike though, it was either a Marauder or a Virago for me when I was getting my new bike. Settled on the v-twin Virago though. I just don't like the look of the standard exhaust on the marauder either. You'd get a marauder a bit cheaper than a Virago too I think.

You might be better off selling the NSR privately than trading it in to the garage, as bike dealers can be very stingy cúnts when it comes to trade-ins :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Originally posted by Stephen
    You might be better off selling the NSR privately than trading it in to the garage, as bike dealers can be very stingy cúnts when it comes to trade-ins :D

Yeah.. theyd probably even feed you the classic line which goes something like this - "As the bike is in such a high insurance group we'll find it hard to sell so we cant give you all that much for it"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

Eh, I think the marauder 125 is a single cylinder engine

ya i made a mistake, tried to edit it but ya can't change the thread name. anyhew, i was just checkin out the prices. Its a bit more than i thought. But still might get a Suzuki Intruder v-twin. Any idea if these are easily got 2nd hand and how much would you expect to pay?

Had a look in the autotrader but they only do a tiny bit on bikes, have to get bike trader and have a look see.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I got an offer of a brand new marauder (jet black mmmmm) with helmet, etc for €4,200. I still can't afford that :(. IME, second-hand marauders have been hard to find in Dublin, but are in abundance in country shops.

As for selling the bike privately - I have seen hundreds of bikes that I want and can afford, but the insurance stings ya. Aon do an insurance deal with bike dealers when you buy a bike off them. Aon are only brokers with Hibernian, but to get the same insurance directly from them (ie buy bike and insurance separately) costs nearly €700 more per year. Quite annoying. So people like me, who are looking for 125's have no choice but to go to shops to buy them. That said, they won't give you as much for it.

Buy and Sell has more than 1,000 bikes every issue, best bet is to have a look in there, and be vigilant!

(Car will be gone tonight!! Wohoo! Going bike hunting in 30 mins :D)

• Advertisement
Advertisement