Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shield or Dual

Options
  • 22-04-2002 8:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

I'm currently working on a charcter in DAOC and am trying to decide if I should go with a shield or dual. Piercing is the weapon skill I'm using so what you think ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

might help to know what character you are playing ...

Ranger?
    Blademaster?
    Mercenary?

Though I would guess you will jump on the bandwagon and play a ranger:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

nightshade

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

nightshades are pretty strapped for spec points , i wouldnt put any into CD at all ... better to keep your weapon at 2/3 level , crit strike high , some in envenom i think DoT is useful soloing , and once you get close to 20 start pumpin stealth up high for the battelgrounds

Nightshades are pretty well off as classes go ... you can almost spec to 50 (with bonuses) in every major line.

eg:

Stealth 40
    Evenom 39
    Critical Strike 39
    Piercing 39
    Celtic Dual 13

With item bonuses you will max Stealth, Evenom and Piercing, and by the time you hit Realm Rank 5 I think it is you would max crit strike (provided you collected all the necessary items)

unfortunately nightshades are probably the worst of the assassin classes, I'd more persuade you to go with a shadowblade (although you can't max all the abilities like the NS)

And to answer your original question, as a nightshade whether or not you spec in CD you should dual wield anyway. You can apply your poisons to both blades, and your damage output will be much greater. Just remember that for each spec point you invest you will only swing 0.5% more often, from a base of 25% at level 1 with no points in CD. For every level you gain you will swing 0.25% more often ... so thats 37.5% chance of a double swing at level 50. Some rangers feel that a shield is an option, but for you it isnt.

hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

I was talking to dr teeth the other night, and he mentioned something about high level nightshades being able to land double poison damage, so a nice high envenom (double lifebane damage drool) would be good.

Does anyone have a good nightshade spec at different levels? I also play one :)

• Advertisement

Hmm I wasn't aware that you could stack them ...
    Most assassins would PA with Lifebane, and land a stun with the off-hand. Unfortunately NightShades PA for about 300-400 less than a crit-blade would.

Apparently its in one of the new US patches - a realm ability or somesuch

I play on the US server:P

Yes Viper, supposedly doubles the damage of all your DOTs
    Another skill everyone is raving about is see hidden, it enables assassins to see stealthed archers all the way to the clip plane

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Nemesis

What server you on with your nightshade?
    You will need a lot of help getting him to 50 as grouping can be tough post 40.
    But once you get there you will enjoy it.:)

Avoca lev 42 Ranger --Excal---
    Caoimhe lev 44 Ranger --Bedevere---
    Nemesis crazy quake 1 guy who dabbled in CS.

Look me up on Excal for any help/advice/gold/equipment.

We play on prydwen :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement