Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dungeon Siege

Options
  • 22-04-2002 9:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭

Just a shout out for Dungeon Siege, just picked it up on friday and been playing it ever since. Great game, great graphix, mucho fun. Wonderfull locations and evil!

started with creating a warrior type and he is level 45 now my diablo wuss, would get his arse kicked by this one :P

Since i do not have broadband or any other form of speedier connection then this stupid 56K modem , internet play is almost impossible because you get kicked everywhere.
    Ireland Oh Ireland, My kingdom for a faster connection!.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Yeah was thinking of picking that up today. Saw it for 49.99 in GAME is it any cheaper anywhere else? Usually GAME seem to add an extra €10.
    Finished JEdi Knight II over the weekend so i need something decent till i get my Gamecube. (I get bored easily)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Demo is out now...downloading it at the moment. Must check to see what all the fuss is over. Rob's been goin' on about this one, so it must be worth checking out (We all know how often Rob speaks well of new titles ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

yeah been think of getting this looking for something to play since i finished MOHaa last week, ive started dragging out old games to play now. Good to see its a good single player game anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

well it's a RPG/RTS game, it is really fluent in gameplay, no silly map loading times, Control a team of 7 characters and a Mule (sort of a walking treasure chest) or 8 characters, and fight legions of creature, some funny , some nasty :cool:

No fiddling around in stats, or classes, you just become what you kill... in a strange amusing way.
    If you liked diabloI and II you love this one, diablo goes into my 'pit of oblivion'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Oculusdei

Have been playing this for the last while. Its excellent. And next month they(Gas Powered Games) are releasing a level editor for it. Also has its own scripting language called Skrit which can only lead to lots of mods/new levels.

One piece of advice, pick one way to kill your enemies (combat, nature, ranged or melee) and stick to it. Dont put all your points into more than one ability. It pays to have a good range of abilities within your party, a combat mage, a nature mage, a couple of ranged guys and a melee guy, and of course a pack mule or two :D

Go buy it !!

• Advertisement

trying to build a mage atm but damn its hard. damn grunts eat my characters for breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Originally posted by mbroaders
    Yeah was thinking of picking that up today. Saw it for 49.99 in GAME is it any cheaper anywhere else? Usually GAME seem to add an extra €10.
    Finished JEdi Knight II over the weekend so i need something decent till i get my Gamecube. (I get bored easily)

Game once upon a time were very much cheaper than other places.. now they suck... Gamezone in smyths is the cheapest i have ever seen.. assuming they have a copy!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

btw for those that have played it.. is it a hack and slash or is there interaction and story in it? Baldours Gate vs Diablo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

hack and slash

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Xterminator

I saw i for €57.99 in Virgin, but shopped till i found a €49.99 copy in game.

X

• Advertisement

It's a diablo story but without the stats and the selections , all comes natural and expierence gets changed into stats automaticly.

No riddles, no hastle, cool eq (diabloesque eq names though)

Advertisement