Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Make some clans you nerds

Options
  • 22-04-2002 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

We did a post before about how many Quake3 players there are in Ireland, and got a response of over 60 players. Fair to say there are a certain amount offline due to connections/ping problems, but there must be quite a few that just sit around irc or play a few bots or play in their office (spin).

With the prospect of an Irish League coming up, why not get a few heads together and form a clan? There are technically only four clans in Ireland at the moment, nD, FH, BIO, FBF (ye still around?), I reckon if a few people got off their @rses there could be 2 or 3 more at least.

Who cares if you havent a great ping, or if you think the team would get raped, take example from Devore (yeah im not givin you a capital v either!). He set up CG for qw, their motto was that they were sh1te and going to get beaten around but didn't care. They ended up being a long running clan who were well able to hold their own at Clan Arena. (Even if it did involve 4 Gandalfs running backwards around DM3 letting off grenades :)

It's not a lot of work running a clan, just get a few lads to join and put together a 10-minute webpage. Wallop.

And don't worry about TDM Teamplay either, the Irish League might well be Capture-The-Flag or Clan Arena.
    Go. Now. You were told. If you are really good Gman will let you play with his b1tches.

pic_gman.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Gwan.

G-man da stud. Who woulda known that he'd get chicks from 'urrm, I play Quake. Whats your name?'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭papashiv0

FBF are still around. We had a few teething probs:
    1/Getting hammered by fH & BIO.

2/We lost our precious connections as certain members of the clan got fired from the cafe we used to play in.

3/Myself and Immort4l are the only ppl still really active.

So we have 1/2, possibly 3/4 of a q3 clan and no qw players as we are all to afraid that we won't see past respawning in any clan match.
    Originally posted by Zero

Who cares if you havent a great ping, or if you think the team would get raped

It was not fun losing by 800 or so frags to BIO and the ping made it even worse.

But on the plus side we have the greatest mascot on the Irish q3 scene.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

3(+?) members of FbF are going away to Greece in june for a while, which could also be a problem :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

I'll talk to some of the former acid members and see if there up for it. Otherwise is anybody wants to form a new clan so zero has some new fodder to rape I'd be up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

A new clan is much needed alright.. and theres more than enough activity to get a decent one together.

FBF - I could find loads of UK clans that you would utterly destroy in a tdm, its a pity theres no newer clans in Ireland that would have given ye a better debut. Could try recruiting if you're looking for another player or two.

ps. - g is gay

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Illkillya

ps. - g is gay

I think not biscuit face.

MiscBird.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭immort4l

I've done massive amounts of work on new site and recruiting.It will all be up in a few days.I know we have been inactive for a while , there was nothin we could do.Everything has been restructured etc..Expect to see way more of us soon.In fact,too much of us.Everyone will be going around saying 'I wish those fbf bastards would stop owning us all the time'**

illkillya?!?I condemn you to be a biscuit face for all eternity.G is not gay he is your new overlord :)

There is an awful amount of hassle involved in setting up a clan because of rubbish connections.You average person does not have isdn or adsl to play from,meaning you have to find somewhere else(ie:an office, eh zero :) or a cafe etc...)This can be very frustrating,believe me.We really want to play games but we can't for another week or two because of this connection problem.

**ridiculous sarcasm / unreasonable optimism

We are currently recruiting if anyone is interested reading this..

All this talk of clans has got me thinking. Would anyone be interested in a fortnightly lan here in dublin. It would be small 10 to 12 pcs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Fanj, thats cool. Sure there are the likes of gerry and CH etc that seem to be around all the time but not in any clan. Bring back ACiD, just harass Havok til he plays again.

p.s. that "G" guy looks like an awful gimp. One of those Bruxelles metallers that still thinks it's the early 90s.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Zero
    p.s. that "G" guy looks like an awful gimp. One of those Bruxelles metallers that still thinks it's the early 90s.

Zero , not you as well ! He is a bruxelles junkie and a black metaller but so am I..... I'm gonna bring him to the next LAN and people will see how great he really is :)

.Btw your new site is nice,good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

New thread opened instead. More on-topic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement