Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cube drops to €199

Options
  • 22-04-2002 11:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Deffo getting a gamecube now....if i was only going to buy one game with it on the day of purchase...any suggestions as to what that game should be? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

wow this is great.... microsoft could be in trouble.. i dont think i've seen a good console war since the Megadrive and SNES...
    the GameCube is going to launch at €199 rather than €249

but is that €199 recommended retail price... if it is then irish retailers will prob knock it up to about €220 or €230.....

i hope it is a success.... i would rather see Nintendo having a successful console than microsoft....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

hmm good point on what game to get with it.
    Someone should start a poll.
    Cos i am clueless about what game to get.
    Usually Mario had my mind made up.
    Luigis loooks a bit easy so will rent that one .
    I think it might be Pikmin.
    Kdja

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

The xbox/microsoft bashing is getting a little old... it's just a console, get over it!! :P

I was over in Game the other day and they have few Cube games on the shelf behind the counter (pre-order). I didn't get to see many of em at all, just two football ones, does anyone have a list of the launch titles yet? Fifa2002, no way, ugh. Ugh, Luigi's Manson :P Still.... WHY they released Championship Manager on the xbox, I have no idea.

Anyways, getting back to on-topic, anyone have a list of the launch titles?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Thats bloody brilliant news. Hmmm, Dixons are gonna have to make up new signs, they have loads of package deal signs up with the cheapest being €390 i think.
    I dont remember seeing any other retailer displaying a price mind you. They must of had an idea something was happening.

• Advertisement

tnx mbroaders! will lookie at it now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Pikmin's interesting, and very well put together, but the novelty wears off fairly soon. rogue leader is same old same old. luigi's mansion is surprisingly quite a lot of fun. I think i played one other GC game, but i can't remember what it was, so it can't be that good ;P

there's my recommendations.
    have fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

There are Xbox popup adverts on the GC site... :rolleyes:. I'm definately getting a GC now. I want good Platform games and good Fighting games(especially 1st party Ninty and Sega!!!). If I wanted to play Halo or UT2 I'd do it with a mouse and keyboard on my PC thank you very much.

I think i will be going for Super Monkey Ball and ISS for some multiplayer larks and Pikimin looks promising too. Anyone know what the retail price of games are going to be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

oh goodie!! this month i shall be mostly giving my money to..... nintendo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

SSX tricky is out in June, and i recommend it. If the machine is retailing at 199Euro , does anyone think the shops will retail at that price. was in GAME , yesterday, and adverts everywhere saying 249Euro

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Hmmm with a price like that I may well buy my first console since my ps1, especially if it does run SSX Tricky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Perhaps a PS2 would be a better idea, so you can improve your woeful Tekken skillz :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

have played SSX Tricky on the Cube here in the office and its brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

I still haven't got a suggestion as to what game to buy on the day of launch! :)...

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

Its not as compelling a line-up as the x-box, but man the price rocks. Still I think I'll wait before I buy a gamecube, it always takes a must-have game to buy a console - theres rarely a must-have price (if you're into electronics, think of games as the voltage and the price as the resistance and you're an electron).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

it always takes a must-have game to buy a console
    the gamecube doesnt have any game yet that makes it stand out of the crowd. but yet the games that it has for the line up are all fairly decent.

but its future line up is very impressive, Mario Sunshine, Resident Evil 0/1/2/3 & 4, Zelda, Metroid and Starfox.

does anyone know of a beat 'em up for coming out for the gamecube. i know it has Smashbrothers Melee. but that isnt a proper beat 'em up like virtua fighter or tekken.

I do believe Bloody Roar/Primal Fury is a Dead Or Alive/Streetfighter style beat-em-up. I heard it's gettin good reviews aswell.

I cannot stress this point enough though. STAY AWAY from Universal Studios Park Adventure. STAY AWAY. :)
    Res Evil does look yummy though.

How About Soul Calibar 2? Looking fairly decent i must say....

http://www.cube-europe.com/previews/sc2-preview.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I might just get the brother to get one so.....

How much are the games expected to be?
    If the hardware is being dropped the software must be made more expensive surely......

according to that Cubey Europey site they're 60 Euros a piece. Usual price then.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Originally posted by Rabies

does anyone know of a beat 'em up for coming out for the gamecube. i know it has Smashbrothers Melee. but that isnt a proper beat 'em up like virtua fighter or tekken.

Soul Calibur 2 is the big name beat 'em up I'm looking forward to - its coming out on every system under the sun though so it shouldn't really have any bearing on what system you buy.

Other than that, there's always the upcoming exclusive Virtua Fighter game (featuring every VF character ever - here's hoping for the kids!), though apparantly that's going to be an RPG.

Back on topic: wow. Nintendo are actually giving a flying fuck about the European market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Originally posted by NekkidBibleMan

Back on topic: wow. Nintendo are actually giving a flying fuck about the European market.

I would have though this was clearly evident starting months ago when Nintendo confirmed that we basically get a "better2 version of the NGC and then a killer price tag and then to reduce that.

its game on for the MS/Ninty show down but Sony is still laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

tbh id prefer one of these...
    http://www.dvdgame.jp/product/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 leejon

What a great bit of news, as I had been pushing the shops in town to try and get a price! Well only a few days to go, Super Monkey Ball and Luigi's Mansion/Star Wars probable 1st buys.
    Beat Em Up's: Capcom vs SNK2 EO, just been announced in Japan..... a serious piece of violence!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

That's because it hasn't been updated yet. Trust me, this is all official - the release went out this morning, and I spoke to several different people in Nintendo about it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

i supose if the shops here at 20 or 30 euros to the pirce it could be baught mail order ir you can get it shiped for free.

Id say the price drop is due to the xbox comming out in price, its a war out there ans who will fire the next shot? SONY?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sony are fairly smug and i wouldn't expect a drop till september.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It looks like sega are co-developing an f-zero game with nintendo for GC and arcade, so maybe the GC is the console to get for sega fans.

Advertisement