Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DigiSender???

• 22-04-2002 11:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭

I remember reading about a "digisender" device for sending the signal from your decoder to another room in your house on this forumm before. I am interested in getting one but cant see that thread anymore. Does anyone know if it is available in Argos in Ireland and around how much it is?
    Also of course, is it any good?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

DOH!!!
    Just saw the link for searches after I posted this thread..

ah well ..thanks anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

Argos sell one for EUR99.99

or did anyway, it was reduced from IEP99.99 to EUR99.99 shortyly after euro change-over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Originally posted by dmeehan
    Argos sell one for EUR99.99

or did anyway, it was reduced from IEP99.99 to EUR99.99 shortyly after euro change-over

Thought I'd let everyone know that I e mailed the distributor of this product to get supply but alas no reply, perhaps they have an exclusive deal with Argos.

Regards Tony

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

I bought one from Argos.
    I must say I'm very impressed.
    Well worth the money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I bought the OneforAll variety in an Eircom store... It's brill..
    You can also buy a 'Trust' brand now in Compustore (although it looks identical to my One4All (looks like a re-badging deal)..

This costs 160euro, so sounds like you might be better off going for the digisender in Argos.. I believe they're also throwing in an additional receiver at a reduced cost...

See here..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

Anyone have any idea if one of those things would work for transmitting a cable internet signal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

:D No, of course it wouldn't, because you have to broadcast two-ways! Let's pretend I never brought this up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Brought what up ???

I saw nothin' guv.

Originally posted by Lennoxschips
    :D No, of course it wouldn't, because you have to broadcast two-ways! Let's pretend I never brought this up.

What did you not bring up?? (Dont tell anyone but you can edit the post)

Tony:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭Genghis

Guys,

I just bought a Digisender for £59 STG from Maplin in the UK. They are currently on special (regular price £99.99 then reduced to £79.99, now @ special price of £49.99, add on £9 VAT, but carriage is included in price).

www.maplin.co.uk Product code:QM48

BTW Sorry Tony, but I guess if you don't currently sell them you won't mind me mentioning another supplier!

Originally posted by Genghis
    Guys,

I just bought a Digisender for £59 STG from Maplin in the UK. They are currently on special (regular price £99.99 then reduced to £79.99, now @ special price of £49.99, add on £9 VAT, but carriage is included in price).

BTW Sorry Tony, but I guess if you don't currently sell them you won't mind me mentioning another supplier!

Even if I did sell them it's still ok, this is a free speech board after all:cool:

Tony

Originally posted by Genghis
    Guys,

I seen the same model on sale in shop at Maplins in Dublin for €84.99 - I think that's the best price for one of these I have come across. Shame mine will actually cost about €15 more, but that's life. Next time i read about an online special I will check the local store first!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭tombenjr

I have a digisender which I brought in Argos and
    I think it brillant an I want to buy two more adittional
    Recievers for the other rooms but Argos do not sell
    additoal ones. Do you have a ideas of how much for
    each receivers only?.And where will I get them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

I bought the One-4-all one in Argos a few weeks back for €42......does the job grand........

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭speedfreak

Can someone tell me where Maplin's shop is? Argos digisender is gone up to €129!

Maplin is on Jervis Street, Dublin. Go to the top of Mary Street, turn right after Penneys, Maplin is on the left next door to Smyths Toystore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Paulmin

I recently purchased a Digisender device from Argos in Dublin (€99) and I must say I am very impressed with it. It allows me to watch Sky Digital on any other tv in the house and control the Digibox from another room with no cabling required. I was so impressed I bought an extra Digisender receiver - to use with the original transmitter which is attached to the Sky Digibox. I got the extra receiver from the UK through the manufacturer's web site:

www.digisender.net (which also has loads of info about the device)

There is no limit to the amount of receivers you can use with the original transmitter. Also the Digisender can be connected to a DVD player or a VCR. (not all at the same time obviously). However the Digisender does not work with the NTL Digital decoder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭pbirney

Originally posted by speedfreak
    Can someone tell me where Maplin's shop is? Argos digisender is gone up to €129!
    Speedfreak, the Digisender has been reduced from the catalog price to €99.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭robert muldoon

Whats the difference between a digisender and the "Link" that looks like a little mouse which is a lot cheaper. Is it that one is a wireless device and the other has a cable?

• Advertisement

You're half-right Robert! A digisender is a wireless system with one transmitter at the digibox, and receivers in other rooms. This system is 'two-way' - i.e. the same system transmits TV pitures out and remote signals back.

The TV link is for people who already have the digibox connected to other TVs in the house via standard cable. The TV link sits on this table and shoots signals back to the main digibox via the same cable.

You would never need both, though they are not strictly substituable. Already cabled? Get a link. Not cabled? Then either get cabled and buy a link, or get the digisender.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭speedfreak

Maplin is on Jervis Street, Dublin. Go to the top of Mary Street, turn right after Penneys, Maplin is on the left next door to Smyths Toystore.

ta for the info!

Advertisement