Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Religion

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Rufus T Firefly

The church has you down on a parish register as a Catholic. The state on the other hand has every personal detail you can think of. I know which bothers me more.

I'd question why a decision by your parents many years ago to do what every parent did in those days bothers you so much. It has no bearing on how you run you life. As as a divorced person you're long past the point of being forced to go to mass by your mammy.

There are plenty of issues it raises - identity, relationship with parents, conformity, marriage etc. It would probably be more useful to think about those issues, their importance in your life and any problems you may have with them. I strongly suspect that the line-on-a-piece-of-paper issue is a displacement from something a good deal more flesh and blood and personal.

Advertisement