Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

osx to 9.2

Options
  • 22-04-2002 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

I have a powerbook that some muppet has insatalled OSX on last week and I need to go back to 9.2 but it wont let me. I have tried to boot off the CD to no avail. I am a complete mac novice so any help would be apreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭stu_69

:) I thought I had it there but no still can't get it to work

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

is formatting and installing a clean 9.2 an option?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

You can get your 9.2 to work surely by opening up a 9.2 application or opening sys preferences and I think it is "Classic" option - start classic. This is of course if your muppet friend did not uninstall 9.2

Have you tried opening up the program? Incidentally why do you need 9.2 just out of curiosity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Jorinn

I switched to X and only go back to play imperialism which crashes under emulation. For all other programs you shouldn't need 9.2 If however you really wanna switch back and you KNOW that bother installed go into system preferences>Startup Disk and then pick the MacOS 9 folder. I hated X at first but have grown to love it, you will too.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭stu_69

I got this system sorted, just used anothercd and it seemed to likt that one

• Advertisement
Advertisement