Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Disturbing Advert On TV

• 22-04-2002 2:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭

I recently saw one of the most disturbing adverts on TV.

It is the HB Cornetto advert, come on how freaky is that music and with that little doll walking along with the Cornetto to the female doll.

it sends shivers up my spine when i see it.

what is the weirdest advert anyone else has seen.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

ill look out for it but if i get nightmares im blaming you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

not sure of product, but i think it was Guinnes and a huge stone wall that everybody wanne to climb over. all grey and dirty.
    interresting, but i do love the one with the surfers!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

That Cornetto ad is great!!! :D

You know well that little wind up dude with the cone is gonna get some tonight.
    Well after it leaps out of the darkness and kills little johnny with a hammer.... :eek:

I think the tune goes like this:

"Every day, itsa gettin closer,
    (short pause)
    movin like a little roller coaster,
    (short pause)
    love like yours will surely come my way,
    a heyy, a hey, hey"
    (short pause)

repeat until brain is fried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

ya thats it......

it is freaky......

who ever taught up of that ad is mentally disturbed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Khynareth

But still, it's a great add. It's well designed and efficient... Proof, you remember it, that's all they want. Once you remember the add, they have done their job. Freaky or not...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

I too find it very disturbing, on so many levels.

"it's a small love thing..." ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Mistakill

That Guiness AD with the surfers and the horses............/me shudders. Its so freaky the only good thing about it is the moosic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

anyone see the one with the mostly naked girl covered in silk.. not in the least bit disturbing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

I liked that Corneto ad. When he gets stuck on the pencils and that look the other doll gives. Pure hilarious.
    anyone see the one with the mostly naked girl covered in silk.. not in the least bit disturbing!

What add is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 snazzykaz

cornetto add is cute but a little bit of a horror in there too! Does anyone remember the coca-cola add from a few years ago? it was a cartoon with chickens in a barn, i tawd it woz really good!!:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I think she'd be kinda cute if it were someone like Denise Richards or Jessica Alba in that pose :)

That cone is waaaay to fecking small anyways. They'll probably charge the same per mini-cone as they do for the big noes now.....capitalism

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The freakiest ad is that one with the grown woman talking like a child... "and me mam was giving out... well me da started it..."

Something FÚCKED with her eyes!

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

The worst ads are the sightseerers ones. Those eyes are really ****ed....and the flies around the eyes freak me out.

Come to think of it, any of the ads for third worls charites are freaky, because they are real!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Originally posted by Mistakill
    That Guiness AD with the surfers and the horses............/me shudders. Its so freaky the only good thing about it is the moosic

I think that add is cool. Didn't it win some kind of an award or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

the hidden hearing guy scares the be'jaysus outta me!!
    especially the irish version with the voiceover on the telephone number.

/me hides behind the sofa when he sees it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

the most spine chilling ad ive ever seen was that danone one for the kids yogurt drink thingy, with the cave twins and the voiceover, and the dinosaur that grows really big when he drinks the stuff.

[Strong stuff, irughggaiugbaga]

Scary

Originally posted by DeVore
    The freakiest ad is that one with the grown woman talking like a child... "and me mam was giving out... well me da started it..."

i think that is more of a hard hitting advert. i dont think its freaky, but well taught out and planned. it makes you think....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

The ad which weirds me out most is the one for Kellogs cereal bars.

You know....where this cow comes out with a "weapon attachment", and says "Milk It" in a very, very masculine voice.

I didnt think thats where milk came from....

jc

Originally posted by bonkey
    where this cow comes out with a "weapon attachment", and says "Milk It" in a very, very masculine voice.

to make it more weird, the cow in the cartoon is a female cow, its got udders......

the cow is on male hormone pills to get a deep voice:D

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

And they refer to Uder the Cow as "he" during the chocolate milk version of that ad.

I'm never eating that stuff.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

now im not an agri-person, but arn't all cows female?? i thought bulls were the male one's??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Cheez

nearly all ads are fuked in the head these days,sit down and notice that all! of them are surreal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Mistakill

Remember that playstation ad about a year back? the one with your wann with the fuc|<ed up head. Her head was shaped like a triangle. Fuc|<in' nightmares.......................

The weetabix add thats on at the minute where the aul' wan goes up the stairs on the electric chair looking all old and frail and then slides down the side rail-class:D
    mm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

...harte to send ENGLAND home.........
    yeah

Daydream baddda daaddaa

The Carlsberg ad is brilliant the one with Jason McAteer

Altho the end bit shud be changed to:

Ian Harte doesent do defending, but If he did
    Ireland would probably be the best team in the world!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 kitton

i love that guinness ad with the people trying to get over the wall!its about a squirrel having odd dreams!its the best!i hate that ad with all the peoples faces being warped by a spoon,i think its for some youghurt drink,it makes me cringe everytime!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by kitton
    i hate that ad with all the peoples faces being warped by a spoon,i think its for some youghurt drink,it makes me cringe everytime!
    <Flick>

flick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by kitton
    flick?
    Flick as in the action of quickly changing TV channel.

• Advertisement

ahhh,it all becomes clear!unfortunately the power doesnt work quickly enough and i have to suffer the begining of the jingle!damnit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Andor

she's got a german accent, which explains the deep voice :p
    can cows have hairy arm-pits ?

the ads that freak me out are the drink driving ones
    SHALL I TELL YOU ABOUT MY LIIIIIIIFE

and lubness from malowii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

The "wear a seat belt add" just bugs me.The whole "the guy without the seat belt did the damage" crap is a joke.It was the to cars that smacked into the front and back of the car that did the fooking damage.

Sides, the 4 heads in the car looked like a right bunch of dopey Cu.nts so its a happy ending in my book.

One add that really weirds me out is the Smooth and Juicy add,where the cow and the orange do the tango.A butch dyke cow and a femmed up orange doing the funky chicken in a carton aint the way to get me to drink it :)

The Club Orange adds do rock tho :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Gerry

Originally posted by Venom
    The "wear a seat belt add" just bugs me.The whole "the guy without the seat belt did the damage" crap is a joke.It was the to cars that smacked into the front and back of the car that did the fooking damage.

Agreed, I always hate when this ad comes on in the cinema. It means well, but it ends up so wide of the mark.

Sides, the 4 heads in the car looked like a right bunch of dopey Cu.nts so its a happy ending in my book.

You know, you're probably right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

damn u rabies, ever since readin ur post i cant get that stupid song from the add out of my head!!! [everyday, its gettin closer etc....] AAARRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!:mad: :eek: :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

The most disturbing ad is the one where this dad is beating up this cartoon kid. The kid has all the cartoony reactions. The father chasing him up to his room, and grabs him by the neck and lifts him up.

The kid is crying and pisses himself.

The kid is dropped and then thrown down the stairs. You see him lift up his head, and there are stars circling it, then he goes out of view.

The camera tracks round to look behind the sofa that's obstructing the view and you see a real kid just lying there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

the best add on the tele at the moment is the one where the kinder beuno starts talking to your man ............................you can lick my ripples hahahaha aw so funny . you just have to see it . any one see it ?...................................i l be whatever you want me to be !hahah .well class.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭banbutcher

you think thats bad, when wonder lust was on it was sponcered by cornetto and it showed a woman comming outfrom the bushes holding hands with a life size corneto!!!
    now thats freaky!!!

Advertisement