Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone heard of an Australian Band called The Whitlams?

Options
  • 22-04-2002 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

The reason I am asking is that a mate of mine over in Australia raves about them but I've never heard of them.

According to him they are playing some gigs over in London in the next month and personally I feel a bit dodgey about forking out for a plane ticket to see a band I know nothing about. The problem is I also felt a bit ****ed with him when he dragged me from my pizza to the Top Hat to see a support band called nirvana!

Anyone got any light to shed on this?

johno..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

If someone recommends a band to me, I find the best thing to do is the following:

1. Check Amazon (they have snippets from lots of different albums).

2. Check CDNOW (same reason)

3. Go to UBL to find out more about the band (http://www.ubl.com)

4. Fire up your favourite search engine, and look them up!

It just so happens that the whitlams have their own website (http://www.thewhitlams.com)

On the discography section, they have a full rundown of their albums, including MP3 snippets of some of their songs.

Personally, I think the Whitlams are great! An aussie friend introduced me to their music last year, and I bought Love This City and Eternal Nightcap (their last 2 albums).

They're one of Australia's most famous (award winning) bands, they're cracking musicians, write great songs, and if I was in London I'd go and see them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 johno_d

Thanks for that I'll check out the web site.
    As it is, I also posted this on the Hotpress message board
    and apparently the lead singer is doing a solo gig in
    Whelans of Wexford St on the 29th May so I'll probably toddle down there for a look, at 14 euro's seems like a reasonable option. The feedback I've got about them seems to be pretty
    good so far.

Advertisement