Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MCSE Course -> Advice ?

• 17-05-2001 10:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭

Hello smile.gif

Ive decided over the last two years to do absolutly no work whatsoever for my leaving cert, cos im doing the MCSE, which i dont need points for

Anyway, my interview is on the 28'th of May, and if i dont get into this course, i'll probably go crazy and climb up a tower and start shooting people....

So any advice anyone would like to give, about this course, Anyone who has ever done it, anything about it, anything about the interview.... would be great biggrin.gif

thanks !

RentZ

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

which path?
    win2k, nt4?
    if you are thinking of doing win2k, i happen to have the entire course on cdrom including exam prep as well. which if you are very nice, i might give you. maybe....
    otherwise, visit the likes of braindump.com and a few others for free tests, braindumps, hints and tips. the all have downloadable tests etc.
    or just do what i did and buy all the books, and then pile them nicely in a corner and put your coffee mugs on them smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Renton

/me desires this cdrom.

How much

smile.gif

RentZ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

oooh
    Can I get this CDrom aswell pleeeasssee.
    e-mail me at mrbond@oceanfree.net and ill burn a copy for me and renton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Just wondering where could I find more info on MCSE's and where the courses are done in Dublin?

As for advice, I can't really give any at all but if you need books then newsgroups would be one place to look, I've seen MCSE books pop up a good bit among other things.

alt.binaries.e-book
    alt.binaries.e-books
    alt.binaries.e-book.technical
    alt.binaries.emanuals

Originally posted by Mantel:
    Just wondering where could I find more info on MCSE's and where the courses are done in Dublin?

[\quote]

view courses thread in work forum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

*shameliss plug* biggrin.gif

Ciaran Sutcliffe
    aka: sutty
    [HIV]sutty
    For a good time goto:
    http://www.hotinternetvirgins.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

/me desires CD also smile.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mixie:
    /me desires CD also smile.gif</font>

yes, im quiet sure you do.
    i also have ccna stuff and citrix and nt4 etc etc etc etc.
    however, since i actualy dont know you from jack, and im not really into illegal copying of stuff, i dont think you will get. i will 'lend my copies to people i can trust wwman.gif

Thanks for the feedback....

I have my interview soon... any suggestions on what to say etc ?

Thanks

RentZ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Try get the technical person into a techie conversation, that usually works well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭Leverz

Eamo, I wouldnt mind "getting a loan/copy" borrowing your CD. I'll see you in IRC soon I hope wink.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WhiteWashMan:
    which path?
    win2k, nt4?
    if you are thinking of doing win2k, i happen to have the entire course on cdrom including exam prep as well. which if you are very nice, i might give you. maybe....
    otherwise, visit the likes of braindump.com and a few others for free tests, braindumps, hints and tips. the all have downloadable tests etc.
    or just do what i did and buy all the books, and then pile them nicely in a corner and put your coffee mugs on them smile.gif
    </font>

The NT4 path is finished, in that you cant apply for it anymore..

Renton, you've decided to fcuk up your leaving cert to do a MCSE? thats.... an interesting course of action to say the least.

I'm doing the Win2k track at the moment and its quite hard. lot of studying and practice/work required (too much infact) u know about the core and electives I suppose so I'll say nothing on them.. It would have been quite a smart choice to do a good leaving cert anyway, that way at least if u dont pass the MSCE you would have had something to fall back on.

but anyway, an interview? Theres no interview to do the MCSE. You walk in off the street and pay your money (normally over a grand). Dunno why youre doing an interview...

Sallynoggin Institute of Further Education provide a free MCSE Course, Free, You just gotta pass the interview

RentZ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

If your young enough to be doing you leaving then prospective employers might want to see a good result in maths and a decent overall performance. Plus it will stand to you should you change your mind and want to go to college.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

WAN! biggrin.gifwink.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Free eh? how bad! Kinda relieved now that I didnt pay for mine...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭jd

"Ive decided over the last two years to do absolutly no work whatsoever for my leaving cert, cos im doing the MCSE, which i dont need points for"
    you sir, are an idiot

Yeah thanks jd, I'd like to think im not an idiot in that I think in all fairness to myself, I have a fairly extensive knowledge in computer Maintenence

As for the Leaving Cert, Nah its a sham altogether, Nothing but a big load of steaming toffee which I honestly couldnt care less about

RentZ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Rentz whether you think the LC is poo or not doesnt matter, the fact is that it stands to you, like it or not

It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

HIT IT!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭ConUladh

I think what JD is getting at is that if things don't work exactly as you expect them to not having a Leaving Cert leaves you with very few options!

Plus, prospective employers will probably frown on the lack of it, experience is everything but you'll only get that across if you get to talk to them. Your CV will have a hole in it basically.

Personally I don't think the Leaving Cert is worth much in everyday life but it's a prerequisite for a lot of stuff

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Renton:
    Yeah thanks jd, I'd like to think im not an idiot in that I think in all fairness to myself, I have a fairly extensive knowledge in computer Maintenence

As for the Leaving Cert, Nah its a sham altogether, Nothing but a big load of steaming toffee which I honestly couldnt care less about

RentZ
    </font>

• Advertisement
Advertisement