Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ad on RTE for Plunkett & Macleane

Options
  • 22-04-2002 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭

there's an rte ad on n2/rte for the film plunkett & macleane (or whatever it's called).. does anyone know the kinda dancey tune that is played during it? thanks..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Brautigan

It's by an English dance act called Fluke. I think the song in the Plunkett... ad i's "Absurd" from their "Risotto" album from 1997 on Virgin. Meant to be their, er, breakthough album it did just the opposite. They traded their kind-of dark dance edge for an intelligent form of commercial nonsense in the wake of big beat. Their other two albums are far better: "OTO" and "Six Wheels On My Wagon" but "Risotto" is more, er, fun. Well, that's what I think anyway. Haven't listened to any of them in ages so they're all probably shyte at this stage.

They were basically a darkish dance act a la Underworld but with better lyrics. There's loads of their stuff on the soundtracks to Playstation 1 games (Wipeout etc..). First two discs on Circa Records, don't know what they're at now.

Advertisement