Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom 7 times cheaper / save 60%

Options
  • 22-04-2002 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

I have been out of the country and stuff and I am just catching up on things, so please forgive me if I seem to be talking old hat.

I was wondering is Irelandoffline still into handing out flyers to the public and stuff? The reason i ask is that I had an idea, well it was Eircon's. When I came home Eircon had sent me a flyer about how they are 7 times cheaper than than mobiles and such for a three min local call in the evening, what I was thinking was if someone was to do some research (I will) and do a clone of it but with Eircon is 300 times more expensive for Internet access compared to other companies in Europe. Its simple straight to the point stuff, you dont have to be a egghead to understand. It's just an idea.

Also I was Eircon's site where they say you can save 60% on Internet access. I went through it a few times with different numbers and its great *sneer* €1039 Euro A MONTH for 24/7 access or just €561 A MONTH with Eircon's savings a saving of 45%. The only way you can actually get 60% is if you do 50hours a week at Peak times. Eircon have loads of other great deals like the plastic poker, lead windows and used bogroll.

Will things ever change?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Originally posted by Krouc
    Will things ever change?

Yes, when hell freezes over! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Altomaximus

I have been out of the country and stuff and I am just catching up on things, so please forgive me if I seem to be talking old hat.

Dangerous statement! Some readers might think that you had been resident outside the state for some time. You don't want to be put in the category of a quasi blow-in, but worse, do you? Even if you have only been in Barbados for a month?!!

I was wondering is Irelandoffline still into handing out flyers to the public and stuff? The reason i ask is that I had an idea, well it was Eircon's. When I came home Eircon had sent me a flyer about how they are 7 times cheaper than than mobiles and such for a three min local call in the evening, what I was thinking was if someone was to do some research (I will) and do a clone of it but with Eircon is 300 times more expensive for Internet access compared to other companies in Europe.

Unfortunately until eircom's loop monopoly is brought under some form of regulation nobody else is likely to enter the broadband ISP market with any conviction. Try it for yourself. Set up an as
    an ISP and give one customer a DSL connection and count up the costs imposed on you and your customer by eircom. Live would be cheaper living permanently in a six star hotel in Dubai.

Altomax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Altomaximus

Originally posted by Altomaximus

Live would be cheaper living permanently in a six star hotel in Dubai.

Life would be cheaper too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Thats not a bad idea....Will have to look into that one.

Living in a 6Star hotel might be better :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Krouc

Things seem to have lost a little steam thats all, I hope no one is thinking of giving up!

• Advertisement
Advertisement