Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

greetings

Options
  • 23-04-2002 12:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Greetings to all,

I live in Michigan, U.S., I'm 21, and I go to college. I will be in Dublin from Feb 2002 until Apr 2002 on a study abroad program.

So I was bored today and started looking up "Ireland music" on the internet and came across this site. I'e been listening for a few minutes and it is pretty good stuff. Actually, almost everything I've heard so far also gets played on the campus station at my college. They have a web site, if anyone is interested, where you can listen/make requests via the internet. I recommend checking it out, they play some local stuff that just rocks. I go to Michigan State University, which is near Detroit, so there has been lots of great groups popping out of there lately, ie The White Stripes. Anyway, if you are interested in checking that out go to
    http://www.impact89fm.org

Right, so, basically I just wanted to find out what the Irish music scene is like. I can't wait to get over there and have the best two months of my life. Anyone want to tip me off on the good clubs/pubs to hit? Feel free to drop me a line via e-mail or AIM.

Now to prepare my tastey tastey pot pie for dinner.....

-jeremy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

when u said feb 2002-apr2002 was that a typo? coz if not im confused.....
    good clubs are advertisedall over the message board so check it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 yanky_boy

yeah, i meant 2003. i get confused easily, smoke too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭crow

come to dublin, drink lots of guinness, go to phantasm and smoke your ass off... just gimme a call on 1800-555-PARTYDUDE when you get here :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 yanky_boy

so that's where 555 numbers are from ... Ireland!!

Advertisement