Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer Fair(s)

• 23-04-2002 1:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭

Lads,

Just a question:
    Would any of you be inclined to go to (and buy at) a computer fair? You know the type like they have in the UK a lot. A big community hall or something with loads of hardware & software for sale at cheaper than normal prices.
    I'm seriously considering organising one of these seeing that I have loads of contacts with companies dealing in refurbished and OEM components....
    Let me know what you all think...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

yup id defo go to one of them jobbies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I probably would, depending on what the prices are like.

eeeh, btw, em "Lads"? I take offence ;)
    Jk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Gunn4r

mayhem I am trying to pm you but your mbox is full can you PM me your email addy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Gunn4r

This user's mailbox is currently full, and cannot be sent any messages until it is cleaned out. An email has been sent notifying the user of this. Please try your request at a later time.

(still not working)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Xterminator

It sounds like a good idea.

I'd definitely drop in for a browse, if it was in Dublin.

X

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Yeah, I'd be up for it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

Moved to tech board as there is no item for sale here....discuss the topic there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Yeah i'd give it a look

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Yup, definitely. Great idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

great Idea, I'd defo go to that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

icon14.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

id definitly be interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

always a good ida that thing in dublin was crap . but would go to one and buy stuff at it . also if you have a errorcom stand ill burn it down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

I'd like to go to one though location would really matter. I'm a culchie without a car.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Id be on for it as well.
    But you would be better off having it in Dublin thats where all the real money is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I'd be interested in havinga wander around to such an event. I'll even bring my sledgehammer and flamethower for free (if there's an errorcom stand) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Stinkah

Build it and they will come

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

Originally posted by elexes
    always a good ida that thing in dublin was crap . but would go to one and buy stuff at it . also if you have a errorcom stand ill burn it down

How about I organise a fair and we have a ceremonial burning of an Eircom effigy at the end....;-)

Originally posted by Puck
    I'd like to go to one though location would really matter. I'm a culchie without a car.:)

Hey, I'm out in the sticks myself...

I was actually thinking of organising several throughout the country (Dublin, Waterford, Galway, Midlands etc.).
    Not neccesary huge affairs, but with enough cheap(ish) kit for sale to make it interesting for everyone.
    Another question; would you pay (say 5 euros) to get into such a fair?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Xterminator

I can see where your coming from with the cover fee.

I'd have to say I'd go to browse, and maybe buy something that catches my eye at the right price. Having a fee would change that

If i was gonna pay in, i'd want a list of whats going to be on sale at what price, prior to going, to ensure there is something ill buy. Kinda changes the scenario.

Unless you included a raffle for some desireable goodie, and or some finger food included in the entrance fee?

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭b4k4^2

I'd come just for the ceremonial burning of an Eircom effigy at the end. Nevermind the fair.
    (That's a yes)
    Organise it and the beardies will come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭vicadd

I'd definitely be interested in going to a fair if there was going to be a broad range of cheap hardware/software.
    Wouldn't be so keen if there was a cover charge even if only 5 euro - I'd feel I had to buy something of reasonable cost to make the cover charge worthwhile. Also, a cover charge would suggest to me that the organiser was not confident of the fair making enough sales to make it cost effective, so if you're not confident that you have some great bargains that I will buy, maybe I won't bother going...that's my twisted logic anyway!
    So sign me up, but don't charge in.

Originally posted by vicadd
    I'd definitely be interested in going to a fair if there was going to be a broad range of cheap hardware/software.
    Wouldn't be so keen if there was a cover charge even if only 5 euro - I'd feel I had to buy something of reasonable cost to make the cover charge worthwhile. Also, a cover charge would suggest to me that the organiser was not confident of the fair making enough sales to make it cost effective, so if you're not confident that you have some great bargains that I will buy, maybe I won't bother going...that's my twisted logic anyway!
    So sign me up, but don't charge in.

Not true.
    I would organise it, but I probably wouldn't be selling stuff myself. I would either rent out space to anyone who wanted to sell something or charge a door fee to cover the costs (and make a few bob ;-)).....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭sisob

i'd be up for it - and if it was in say, july i'd actually have some money to spend

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'd go and I'd pay €5 euro in the first time. If its good I'll go again, if not I wouldnt. East Peasy.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

I'd go. And talk about it afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

yup €5 sounds reasonable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

sweet idea man i'm in

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

As the ad goes ' Just Do It!'

Advertisement