Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ChorusTV hack?

• 21-05-2001 5:23am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Someone mentioned something on these boards about being able to pick up all the TV channels from Chorus without subscribing to the full package. I can't find the post now but can whoever knows anything about it please post some info here? I'm not in a Chorus area myself so I can't get the box and I'd just like some info of the conditional access their using.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

i believe the user was Kali.
    Any it was certainly not a hack just an error on chorus's part.
    A real digital service is pratically impossible to hack as access codes to each individual channel are change on a daily basis and decoders have unique security codes asgined to them with the user/subscriber and are also changed on a daily basis, thus make it impossible to phreak/clone any any other schit that was used with the analogue service.

another point.
    with analogue sky, even if you never paid for sky sports/movies etc, your analogue decoder still recieved these channels but never decoded them but with digital if you never order them your decoder is instructed to ignore that channel and you get nothing, it basically means that the playboy channel stays "server side" until you pony up the dough.

Britany Spears Looking incredible

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Thats grand I just wanted to know if they had a problem with their system.

With all due respect and I really don't want to start a flame war with you, but EVERY digital TV conditional access system in Europe (except SKY digital) has been compromised. I should know I've been involved in their hacking and security for the past 7 or 8 years. I don't want to get too technical with you but thats not how the systems work, if I were to explain it to you in layman terms I would say that effectively the 'codes' change every 10 seconds. Also SKY are pretty much the only ones in Europe that 'marry' their CAM's to a particular smart card.

One tip: NEVER say something is impossible to hack, your guaranteed to be wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Hi Blade -

In case you haven't visited the ICDG forum already:

http://www.boards.ie/icdg/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Holy cr@p Cloud, no I hadn't! Where did they spring out of?? Theres loads of posts there! Ewwww gonna take me some time to read up on all them posts :/

Ok just went tru em, I don't see a hacking section? smile.gif And no one seems to be into satellite systems other than Sky, aw well least I know where to find Chorus people! Cheers Cloud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

smile.gif They were a group that were hosted at ezboard and were sick of the popup messages.

J.
    --

Advertisement