Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cordless head phones?

• 23-04-2002 10:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭

Do any of you guys use cordless head phones for games and what are they like?

I know cordless mice arent great beasuce of the 200 mili second delay but what is that like for head phones and gaming. I supose it doesent really matter for mp3 listening but does it affect gaming, like you hear the guy behing shooting you 1/5 of a second after he starts daming you. It it a real disadvantage?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

I have an infrared sony set at home that I use for the tv in the bedroom. I could bring them to "The Darkside II" LAN Game (Shameless Plug..:D), and you could see (or hear) for yourself.

Let me know

BTW - I'm not selling them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

YEah and it was for just that sort of think i was thinking of buying a set for. Yeah bring them along and let me check them out.

Twould be intresting!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

:cool: Sorted :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

i have a set of cordless sony jobbies as well - about 2 years old but great sound quality - i might post up the model numeber when i get home

yes dead handy for lans :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meh

Get the infrared ones rather than the radio ones. The infrared ones are limited to line of sight and about 7m from the transmitter. But the radio headphones have big problems with interference. I have a pair of Sony radio headphones, and there's a popping noise if someone is using a mobile in the next room...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

thanks for all the help and advice guys but have any of you noticed any delay factor with these ,
    bio when watching east enders did the vioce lip syncing seem a bit out.......
    meh is there any delay with infa red head phones?

Advertisement