Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powernet Math

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Joe22

keep in mind that just sitting theirwith icq or msn messager open, you will download 10mbs a day (as in over 24 hours should you leave it on)
    its not much but i download 19.4mbs in a hour, in most hours. so its up to use, if you go over, you go over. your next bill is 60-70 instead of 40 but lets face it most people between internet, line rental and calls pay £70.
    id like it more if you could carry over, like if you didnt use 3gbs one month you could use the remains next month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭[-FI-]Barra

yah but with the limit you are going to have to take note of what mb's u have received and say write it down then towards the end of the month if u have a load of megabytes to spare u can go download whatever u want heh if u r payin for yer 3gb's u better use em,,and yah i agree joe u are gonne be payin in excess of 70 quid so powernet seems the ideal product for the average net user and after all this is ireland and adsl/cable and all da rest wont be here for a while yet!

[-FI-]Barra = [-OS-]Barra
    [-OS-]Outcast Soldiers
    www.clan-os.co.uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭Overlord

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by yankinlk:
    you calling me a freak? ok so...

yes, 150 pings to irish servers, but 50 pings to all of barrysworld and jolt, thats why you dont see me on bayridge for CS anymore, even though its my server.

and my mate dazza (an ex bayridge CS regular) is getting slightly better than me...but he's a better system.

Battlecom works like a charm between the two of us, an irish clan on powernet could really do well in barrysworld.
    </font>

Sounds good. I'm moving to Casteltroy next week so I am very interested in Powernet for games. A few questions:
    Have u gone over the limit and have Chorus billed you for them or know of anybody that has gone over the limit?
    I hear the pipe from Limerick to Dublin is only 2 megs - has that changed - maybe Moist could tell me?
    A 2 meg line would fill up fairly fast i think so could be bad for the long term.
    Thanks for the info lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭[-FI-]Barra

the limit is 3GB ppl just got confused about the whole thing,,as far as i know tis 3GB all over the country

[-FI-]Barra = [-OS-]Barra
    [-OS-]Outcast Soldiers
    www.clan-os.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭moist

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by yankinlk:

yes, 150 pings to irish servers, but 50 pings to all of barrysworld and jolt, thats why you dont see me on bayridge for CS anymore, even though its my server.
    </font>

Yeah, thats because we don't have an INEX connection yet.
    I don't work for chorus, we just supply their bandwith...
    And on that note, I'd just like to make a comment on the 3G limit, bandwith aint cheep folks, Chorus would be daft if they let everyone download 20 odd Gigs a month.(not sure what you could stretch it to....) for just £40.
    You go ring up Eircom and ask them how much it is for a 256k leased line a month, I think you'll find its rather a lot more than £40....
    Granted its not a linear scale as you go up, but its still expensive, One E3 we have costs a few hundred thousand AFAIR.

INEX will happen.. eventually :-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement