Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you a Quake3 player without a clan?

Options
  • 23-04-2002 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

Post here, and a few can organise putting a team together. Why not? Remember how cool is it to wear a tag and win as part of a team. If you dont remember, then join a clan and find out. In the end of the day it's all fun. (haha).

So who's interested in being on a team?? (MindPhuck, Vorosha, Walt, Gerry, Fanj, x0n, and plenty others??)

Put your name here if you are interested in a team. This thread is going to stay here for a while, and I'll delete any muppet sh1te.

Zero.
    ===========
    http://www.quake.ie
    http://www.quake.ie/nD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

im fairly ok at it nothing great mind you. but a newbie still. was just wondering do you actually have to buy the game to play it on line? or is there another way? But i would be up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭carl_

I'm not any good but I'd like to play more... esp in a clan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Is1ldur

I used to be in a Dreamcast Quake clan but started playing PC Quake about 6 months ago. I am a bit out of practise, (too much RTCW,JKII,etc.) but would be will ing to give it a go. Any Irish servers going?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

slosh.ign.ie
    games2.iol.ie
    games2.iol.ie:29761

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

I'm interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

I don't think acid will reform as long as havok is HPB, so if anyone want's a crappy player who likes to complain about bad pings from net cafes I'm your man ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭immort4l

As I said we are still recruiting ...

Recruit away immortal but there are nearly enough names for another clan here as it is. So I wanna see how many more ppl will put their names down. (Gerry/Walt/x0n, I'm lookin at ye)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Originally posted by Zero
    (Gerry/Walt/x0n, I'm lookin at ye)

i'd look at the people who actually play q3 a lot these days.. eg CH and deadbankclerk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭CH

i would except my exams are comming up, and im going back on a modem for the summer (wont have a good connection back untill september)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭*NemesiS*

Lo guys, completly off the subject but need to know. Im on 56k so have never played Q3 on-line. Although im a regular player down the waterfoird lan arena (Cybermart) and can pretty much hammer all of em. Plus ive completed the single player through fully on nightmare (Xaero on nightmare is a bast :p) But can beat any bot 10 - 0 alot of the time. (Still on nightmare)
    Just wonderin what the standard of playin is like for on-line players in ireland.
    250 - 300 ping = no go for q3 :(

like with most games, theres the full range, blind cripples with no arms (like vin) and super-l33t q3 mastas like myself.

In Ireland, since theres such a small number of players, those who play regularly have loads of experience vs other good players online, so they have a high standard.

There are still loads of more casual players who wouldn't have reached a high standard in dm, but if they were to play vs good players for a month or two you could see a huge improvement.

The problem with playing bots is that they dont have tactics, and they don't move properly, so if you can rape them on nightmare, you have good aim, but you'll need to compliment that with tactics and movement and tricks to beat the experienced players online.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

I would but im on ****ty 56k. I'll join up if ya dont mind me getting a uber shite ping during every game. Plus I havn't played against a decent human player since Galweh Lan 2.75 and I havn't been in a quake 3 clan since IR.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 luketheone

i'll give it a go too

• Registered Users Posts: 27 luketheone

oh and while im here. how do u minimize quake?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

But what if u've been playing ages and are still ****e?

and what happens when they take our dsl away next month?

Sob.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

Me Me Me!!!!!! I wanna play stick my name down or up or where ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

Ara gwan, sure ya mite as well sign me up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

me!

but ill be in new york from june->september

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

I'll be around from time to time.
    My brother Funky would be very interested though .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

Yeah, I will definitely play. Until the triumphant return of ACID that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

your brother has a strange name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

Originally posted by Gerry
    Until the triumphant return of ACID that is.

Give meh anything resembling a decent conn........anything.....

I still blame Eircom, the bastards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Lo,

Im quite interested

I'll be back this summer, i havent been around in ages due to bust gfx card and lack of time due to LC Exams, but come the end of June and ADSL (hopefully) ill be able to make a decent commitment to a clan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 voObo0

vo0bo0 a.k.a Rapier here
    I had a dream last nite that mindphuck text messaged me about quake. So i took it as a sign to play quake again. Span new pc on its way next week. The mac is going to a museum. I'd love to play.

So already there are this many names up here:

Thrax
    Volvagia
    luketheone
    Fanj
    Kyro
    Count666
    Carl33t0
    Kraken
    DaBounca/Funky
    Gerry
    voObo0 aka rapier
    Jimi-Spandex

DBC (Temp - Dormant)
    CH (Temp - Dormant)

If I look a little closer I see Gerry, The Fanj, Rapier. 3 members of Acid, all ye need is a 4th and ye have a team to enter the Irish League lads. (And there IS one starting soon) So, maybe add Kyro and Carl33to to that list and we have
    ACID: Gerry, Fanj, Rapier, Kyro, Carl33t0, Havok (dormant)

So allowing for the fact that a few who say they will play, actually wont play, I'm gonna bunch all the other guys together. So in the second team we have :
    Jimi-Spandex
    Volvagia
    Thrax
    luketheone
    Count666
    Kraken
    DaBounca
    Funky

There's two clans if ye actually do have an interest in playing. ACID, ye'll get off the ground v fast, Havok, while ure waitin for isdn you can organise ure team.

The second team, say Thrax run it, so all of you PM Thrax with your email addresses and ye can pick a name and make a quick crappy website. Hurry up, the league is coming soon. Hey, we'll even host your clan over at http://www.quake.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

havok could be coach for acid, you could coach on modem yeah? time stuff for em tell em what to do..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 voObo0

havok can only count to 4 ;)

about league starting soon - summer is a v.bad time.. so many people gone away and a lot of inactivity, would be handy imo to give these new clans a little while to get themselves sorted and maybe have the iq3cl in august or september (and i'll be back from USA :)). although a small iq3cup could work well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

Havok is not fat are hairy enough to be a coach. Give him the summer time to eat pies and pork up and he can then wear the sheep skin coat with style.

I'm gone for the summer too, so I can play either before June or in Spetember .

Advertisement