Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you a Quake3 player without a clan?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Is1ldur

Anyone have Thrax' email. I tried on his site, but got a rejection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

Sounds good. but i warn you /me sux!

anywho thraxes email be seadna@ntlworld.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

Count666 re: ur email, I have never run a clan before but will gladly help run it with you if your up for it; although the next few weeks won't be my most active ones since I have my leaving cert to work on :)

I'm definitely interested though.

What name will we give the second team?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Anyone room left ? I'd like to put my name up for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

can i join up too..?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

no

If u don't like it u can piss off :)

Playful Destruction

If there any more ppl that want to join up maybe you should join the other team or if u really want to join this clan email me and ill stick u on the members list.

All i need now is for the members to send me their details (connection speed etc) and I can update the site accordingly. We also need to get the IRC channel up and running with a Q bot.

Hopefully i'll have it sorted out soon.

Ok the IRC channel for pd is #playful no Q there yet though. Need ppl to idle there, i don't know much about getting a Q bot so any help is appreciated.

kewl site but methinks a diff name! Everyone on the second team your task is to think of a really gruvy pro-active name for our clan! and also to get really really uber good! (at quake 3)

hows bout SPO
    Sun Pist Oranges?

sorry bout that it was just off the top of my head!

• Advertisement

Yeah i'll change the site if someone comes up with a better name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Me and a few mates are startin up a mess about Clan, ICO (Ice Cream Oranges)..If we managed to get organised, we might compete.

Unless of course, I'm playing for Acid like Zero suggested. Then SCREW the lot of them! :p

p.s. (clan name sucks..don't dis it pwetty pwease)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Nice1 lads, organise a game or two now and ye'll get some good praccy in.

Thrax, if you like, some night, nD will play with ye lads for a few games, 2 nD and 2PD on each team. It will help ye pick up the whole teamplay sh1te a bit faster, and should be good crack. I'm sure FH would do a bit aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Fair play lads,

If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Is1ldur

Good luck in your leaving. Just thought I would post that I am getting a new system in the next two weeks. (Make you guyz jealous)
    Ordered from Tiny in Blanchardstown.
    AMD 2000 xp
    512 cache mem
    GF4 (The cheap one unfortunately, but will upgrade to a TI in the next few months)
    CDR
    DVD
    56k modem(damn)
    17 in monitor
    80 GIG 7,200 HD
    and nice desk
    All for 1650EUMy mouth is watering already

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

heh nice1 count. all u need now is something other than that horrible modem. altho some ppl still play very well on it, saik for example, but i think it drove him a little insane.

those games with nd sound like a good idea! anyway im on a modem to but i've learned how to rail people with some pretty vicious lag! (its an Art!)

Anywho im goin paint ballin tomorrow so i'll talk to use later!

Just want to say thanks to ye all for the help with the clan.

I think were going to stick with the name we have now. So sorry Vol :)

This is our member list atm. The ones at the bottom are the ones who havn't emailed me yet to confirm their membership. Please do it soon.

Molly ISDN
    Carl33to ISDN
    ThrAx 56k
    Vol 56k
    #MEAT# 56k
    Count666
    Funky

Jimi-Spandex
    luketheone
    Kraken
    DaBounca

The games against nd at the weekend sound good, we need a good bit of practice. I've also been emailed be immort4l from fbf about some games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭saik

you can play ok on 56k, but like zero says it will drive you insane. i've played on modem for ages, ever since i've started and aiming with 200 ping is not natural. like vol says, it is a bit of an art so it takes longer to learn. on top of which it is actually kinda hard to get games, as from an lpb perspective it's pointless playing versus a 200 pinger, and you're a liability in tdm. also nearly everyone is lpb (i reckon theres about 5 modemers outside ireland playing quake 3, 3 of them are good) . so get isdn. or broadband. or

ANYTHING BUT F*CKING 56 F*CKING GAY

ps. more new clans , good to hear, if you need praccy, advice, cfgs or hardware help, tp help - anything - feel free to ask me.

Thrax did u say this weekend was the game against nD? coz im goin out fri night and then im in work Sat and Sun night! If its on fri night i might be able to make it but not on sat or sun (night)!

• Advertisement

We will play ICO tommorow(fri) night vol, prolly around 9ish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Sorry about my clan mates not showing...they got stuck working. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

dabounca/funky : isdn

np Kryo a few of us had a quick praccy anyway. only 3 of us showed up and then one showed up about half an hour later. we had a few good games. worth the effort!

another time then

mabye we shud like have a proper praccy some time? with loike teh whole clan (not this weekend due to Ozzfest!) and organise like games with fh and nd etc soon.

well im off to do something star wars related
    schwing, schwing, hisss "You are not a jedi yet!"

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ShevY

hi i'm very interested in joining a new clan. just left my old 1
    www.modgamingclan.cjb.net
    like to join an Irish 1.
    wat mods do ye play RA3, OSP, CPMA, etc.????
    i have ok skills, not gr8, but wat i lack in sKillz i make up for in personality :D hehe
    contact me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

can ye attend the UL lan? meet your team mates in person and enter the 2v2 competition also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Shevy - thrax is doing his leaving cert right now but he said that his clan PD are still recruiting, you can find them on Quakenet in #playful

• Advertisement

Yea im pretty sure were still recruitin! talk to thrax after the lc.

Advertisement