Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you a Quake3 player without a clan?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

I'm gonna be finished my exams on monday! Just phys/chem left and its all over, wahey! God I hate phys/chem

lots of love

ThrAx

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Hmmm...
    When I get online it'll be with a tasty ISDN so that'll be when I set my sights on a clan...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

I was planning on giving Quake a go, but on arriving into game I saw Quake 3 for the not so tasty price of €44 . Needless to say, I left it on the shelf.

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Fourty Four Euro!?!?

Christ, QuakeIII was the first game I bought for my PC and it cost a little over twenty five quid (Yes, PUNTS!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

ya price is steep alright.. when i went to america last summer i forgot to bring my q3 cd with me, so i went to see what it would cost in the shop.. was over $40 anyway. i thought games got cheaper as they got older

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Virgin have it on special offer for €19.99.I just bought it yesterday.So give me a few weeks and Ill probably be looking for a clan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭RapierX

its all in the ping dudes its all in the ping, you can be seriously good and win with a 230 ping but the fact of the matter is it isnt fun having lag pl and bull**** happening, if u are a modemer, time the quad get the armour and spam the **** out of the level, ive won a lot of ffas against lpbs doing so, duel is different lpbs become way too aggro when they see a little 200 ping ****er against them,, take advantage they charge you large it up behind a door-way, mc them wit a roket run away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its hard to know just how good players are from demos, lot of factors involed, are theuy avoiding a certain weapon so they look like they are running away when in fact they are being cautious and tactful i dunno just watch lexer or zero4, they are without a doubt the two best players around, altho lexer isnt aggro enoguh at times, his sense is ideal if u can master it, sens2 moucel 2 zero4 is a low fov high sens(e) man, its amazing the standard of quake since it began but it can be even better, its just all these idiotic games like rtcw and unreal coming out hindering it. I for one can never play a game with utmost joy with strafe jumping, rtcw kinda has it but its a ****ed up game. Can i have a column ill use big words and proper context next time?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

eh......is this taking the piss.....................

I had eccseeive levels of serotonin ripping through my synapses at that time.

Good Christ that was more tense than toilet antics in the Regional Hospital on a Monday!

Could you repeat that Rapier? I sort of half-lost the plot somewhere near reading your nick/post count :D

Ummm, I'm too tired to read confusing crap like that RapierX. I'm a big jet lagged from my flight to Singapore (I'm soo not lagged online though with this DSL and all :)

Hey Bugler, why dont ya borrow someones Q3 cd or get a burnt copy?

It wasnt crap. Its why ill always be a better quake player than you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

heh, only reading through this thread now.

I'd totally be up for coaching / orginazing an Acid side for an Irish leauge.

Is Lucutus about anymore ?
    A lend of Woody would be handy for us also... :cool:

There might be a chance i could play from Gerrys gaff. But doubtful. Its been over 15 months since i've played online anyways, so i doubt i'd be much use.

Eric / Sam , any of yaz know what the story is with when esat might be cabling up lucan ?

Nanu Nanu

I can play again too havo. New pc but still on 56k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

well me and meat saw some pd action at GL3 and we dont suck as much as i thought we would!
    Frag on!

pd^Vol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

esat arent going to be cableing up lucan in the near future, last i heard they had pulled all their funds for expansion in ireland and used it to keep themselves afloat in UK, theyre apparently going bankrupt over there or something, and need all the money they can get so probably wont be investing in ireland for a while

Rory ur sig is wrong its http://www.quake.ie/pd now u eejit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

Well if rap wants to brave 56k q3 again, acid should be able to scrape a team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

go on rapier u know u want to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 airk

Originally posted by The FANJ
    I don't think acid will reform as long as havok is HPB, so if anyone want's a crappy player who likes to complain about bad pings from net cafes I'm your man ;)

Yah, and I just owned you and that lam0r Sic(k)o..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

I'd be interested in this around September, when I'll be a hyper-lpb. :)

I'd rate myself as a decent player, not great but okay. Ask Gerry / Slydice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

Originally posted by airk

Yah, and I just owned you and that lam0r Sic(k)o..

jesus, airk. We'd thought u'd disappeared into oblivion. Keep up with these boards, if acid reform for the next irish leauge u'll defo be needed...

And get rid of those sideburns !!!

Yeah count me in, the quake bug has me in its grasp again. Although the dreams arent as lucid.

Actually, I have a question for the UL crew, I'm pretty sure I'm going back to UL in september. Whats a good computer course? Moneywise on course completion and whats the craic with quaken down there now? Are the firewalls still blocking internet play?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 airk

Originally posted by havok*

jesus, airk. We'd thought u'd disappeared into oblivion. Keep up with these boards, if acid reform for the next irish leauge u'll defo be needed...

And get rid of those sideburns !!!

d00d! I'm always around. Sitting tight on my speeded cable..
    plus, I still idle every now and then in #quake.ie