Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IE buttons

• 22-05-2001 7:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭

ya know those buttons accrosss the top of the browser. well, i want to add a custom one, that launches an app. can i do this??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cond0r

in a word, nope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cond0r:
    in a word, nope.</font>

why not. appslike yahoo messenger and msn messenger put buttons there. why can't i? or is it just too diffucult?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"
    -Nietzsche</font>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cond0r:
    in a word, nope.</font>

Tut tut... not very helpful. Don't listen to 'im!

S-M-A-K... you can add your own toolbars (called Web Accessories) - some you can get here, others, if you're a developer, you can try your hand at making yourself. This will allow you to add your own custom buttons to the IE toolbar area.

For even further info, see: http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/browser/ext/extensions.asp

Bard
    First motorbike in the bible ???? - a Triumph! - 'And yea verily did Moses strike down the ammmanites, - and all the land did hear the roar of his triumph !!!'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

great bard, thanks alot.

<edit>
    oh ffs! loads of programming / registry stuff. frown.gif

is there a program that can help me build one. not vb. something simple. that i could use smile.gif
    </edit>

[This message has been edited by smoke-me-a-kipper (edited 22-05-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

Or you can download the IE admin kit from Microsoft's site and make yourself your own customised version of IE....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭BNC

if its just a button you want to add try this.
    Right click on the area of the window where the back and forward buttons are etc..
    Make sure there is a tick mark beside the Links option. This should bring up a new toolbar.
    Next go to C:\windows\favorites\links
    create the shortcut to the program you want in there.
    Hey presto it should appear on your links toolbar in IE

Hope this was what you were after? smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

make a folder called "my apps" or somthing, and fill it with yummy shortcuts

just right click on your start bar and add a new toolbar, and point it to the folder.

then drag the new toolbar, or leave it on the start bar.

my quicklaunch bar has one minimize all button, and the top of my screen has loads of icons for apps.

Advertisement