Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help yet again, pedals and amps

• 23-04-2002 7:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭

hey there people,
    i have been playing guitar for the last year or so, mostly my acoustic. Only recently have i discovered the joy and array of sounds you get out of an electric when hooked up to an amp, but its here were i just get lost. :(
    My amp is pretty "cheap" and my knowledge of pedals is as how would you put it ...............weak as a girl on lsd.
    Its here were i look like a complete ass walking into any guitar shop, what should i look out for when buying a decent amp? and what pedals would you good people recommend for a pedal virgin, any specific kind of amp if i am gonna hook up some pedals?

I roughly have ir£600 to spend whatever that is in €uro, if i can spend less i will.

thankin u

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

if you're serious bout music and plan on recording/gigging you should spend all 600 on your amp and get a quality fender/marshall or also shop around the 2nd hand places you might pick up a bargain vox or sumfin

as regards pedals:

you should check out the line 6 range... alot of people are using them these days to great effect(excuse the pun)

personally i have

boss overdrive/dist
    boss dd5
    george dennis wah (never use it)
    and
    recently i bought an
    electro-harmonix worm(its not as sensitive as i would have liked but its still cool... wish i could afford the voodoo vibe)

hopefully thats been slightly helpful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Get a boss GT6 or similar effects/amp sim-in-a-pedal-with-effects unit, learn how to use it and you will want for nothing else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Marshall Amps marshall marshall marshall.

As for pedals, depending on whether your amp has distortion. If it doesn't, get a Boss Distortion pedal.
    and...

Boss Digital Delay
    Boss equaliser
    Jim Dunlop Wah Wah pedal
    and maybe a Flanger or chorus.

Try out some pedals and see what you like best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I just have a DS-1 and a WAH that'll be all you need for starters. Maybe you could invest the rest of them moneys on a nice amp!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

If I were you Id get a Marshall avt 150.It saround the price range you mentioned and has an acoustic simuator (i think may be the avt 275 that has it only),a clean channel ,and 2 overdirve channels one is real cruchy and the other would have alot more gain.

Plus its Marshall so its solid,and it has 18 built in digital effects..also you can get a 2* 12 cab for it it you come into more money or need more power for a gig..well any kind of cab would work with it essientially but there is a specific one for the avt 150 model.

Or look into getting a second hand marshall vavlestate amp cheap as hell at the mo cause the avt is the new seris.

Then get yerself a jim dunlop cry baby or a Vox wah or soon theres a Boss wah coming out with 6 types of wah plus modulation and sweep control AND 2 programable memories for like 150 euro i think :)

hope thats a help

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

thats a help, cos when i walk into the shop the guy trys to sell me the most expensive amp in the place with a super duper special effect cos he thinks i am a fool pfffffff....... I think i ll look around for a while before i give my cash to that cocky bastard

Advertisement