Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ADSL Time Table

• 22-05-2001 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭

as of today i am still unable to find that document on the odtr website,

but here is a post from iiu by Chris Higgins
    he makes allot of sense, doesnt persume, is based on the new fact by the odtr on date.

For the first time we have a clear time frame of when adsl will be availible,
    this should put an end to the endless bebates about is it going to be out this year or next.

Folks,
    A quick trawl through the ODTR document gives some interesting dates..

"While the attributes and associated timeframes apply immediately, penalties
    payable for non-compliance with the service provisioning and fault clearance
    target will only apply to orders placed from the 18th August 2001."

Ok - so nothing will happen to any orders placed before then... and for orders
    placed after then the following time scale will probably apply...
    (! assuming my reading of the document is correct, and it's not clear to me
    when the clock starts on all of the stages listed)

Other Telco identifies where your exchange is, requests details from Eircom
    and goes through merry dance (detailed in ODTR document) to get access...
    This can take up to 25 days (assuming your other telco returns documents same
    day - unlikely)..

At which point, the other telco can submit a full survey/site offer request
    which
    eircom respond to in upto 40 days..

- So we're at 65 days (assuming that other telco is on their toes, and eircom
    dilly-dallys).

At this point, they have an agreement on accessing your local exchange. Then
    comes the request to access that exchange, which seems to take another 10 days
    notice to Eircom.

So - it takes 75 days from decision by 'other telco' to enter local exchange
    area before they can get their people into the exchange to start work. (again,
    assuming that 'other telco' are ready to go at every stage of the process and
    Eircom delay to the maximum available to them.)

Then comes the orders for activation of circuits for people. Which seems to be
    another 20 days.

So that's 95 days from start of process to Eircom handing the service over to
    your telco assuming no glitches and that your telco is ready to roll at every
    stage.

I'd say that it's pretty unlikely that this will happen smoothly, although
    the first 75 days bit seems to happen only once per exchange... at which point
    in time it should only be the latter '20 days' for eircom to provision the
    local unbundling.

Aug 18th + 100 days == 20 weeks of 5 day working weeks

Which is Jan 2002...

Wheeeee... xDSL is now within sight... it *might* happen next year smile.gif

Chris

it doesnt tell us when but at least it tells us when its not, i still say march 2002,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭BNC

??????????? confused.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

I LIKE IT!!! smile.gifsmile.gif

PLS GOD PLS LET THIS HAPPEPEN!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

*yawn*
    Havent you basically posted the same thing 384 times Joe22?

Moriarty
    mrmoriarty@eircom.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Joe22

Moriarty how many times do i need to prove you wrong, its not funny anymore, your past it.
    the odtr released a document yesterday in which it outlined a timetable for LLU, i thought that would be of interest, so i posted and it was, today i found a break down of that document at the iiu site and posted it and i sure many will find it interesting,
    if you dont thinkg that a time table for llu is important enough to post here then you at the wrong site. you know nothing about the subject. now go away before you make yourself look even more stupid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

*cough* *cough*

~~ It's time to start the music! It's time to light the lights ~~ ...

tongue.gif

Bard
    First motorbike in the bible ???? - a Triumph! - 'And yea verily did Moses strike down the ammmanites, - and all the land did hear the roar of his triumph !!!'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭[-FI-]Barra

adsl still ages away and of course there is gonna be more delays this is eircom they r *******s and will probably stall so as to milk more money from irish ppl,,,

p.s i h8 eircom

[-FI-]Barra = [-OS-]Barra
    [-OS-]Outcast Soldiers
    www.clan-os.co.uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bard:
    *cough* *cough*

tongue.gif

</font>

Its time to get things started on the technology boards tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Jan 2002??? how depressing. I want it NOOOOOWWWW!!!

I think I'll just get ****ing satellite and ISDN... or maybe 2 satellite connections.. hmmmmmm

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ronan|Raven:

Its time to get things started on the technology boards tonight!
    </font>

lol... g'wan the Ronan smile.gif

nice one

Bard
    First motorbike in the bible ???? - a Triumph! - 'And yea verily did Moses strike down the ammmanites, - and all the land did hear the roar of his triumph !!!'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joe22:
    Moriarty how many times do i need to prove you wrong, its not funny anymore
    </font>

Erm, 'proved me wrong'?

if you dont thinkg that a time table for llu is important enough to post here then you at the wrong site. (sic)
    </font>

Sure, i think its worth mentioning, but you seem to find every subject under the sun worth mentioning. Its also worth a mention that even though this guy has the figures, he is presuming worst case in every situation.

you know nothing about the subject.
    now go away before you make yourself look even more stupid
    </font>

I know more about this subject - and in all probability any other subject you can think of - than you. I just dont go posting to every single post made here, usually regurgitating somone else's opinions, possibly because you are too simple to have an opinion of your own.

To finish, stupid is posting 380 odd messages of innane dribble to an internet forum in the space of one month, not pointing out that your a llama.

Moriarty
    mrmoriarty@eircom.net

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

You'd do well joe, to read moriartys post, then STOP, calm down, don't hit the reply button. Have another read of it. Repeat as necessary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭Leverz

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bard:
    *cough* *cough*

</font>

Hahaha
    I see it all in my mind now wink.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Joe22

"Erm, 'proved me wrong'?"
    the 1.2gig download thing and the powernet thing were you didnt have the balls to say sorry, your a little girl.

"Sure, i think its worth mentioning"
    then shut the **** up, if you think i post useless topic then say so in those topics, it doesnt relate to this one, WHATS YOUR ****ING PORBLEM WITH THIS ONE.

"Its also worth a mention that even though this guy has the figures, he is presuming worst case in every situation."
    the guy is far for presuming the worst case out come, but you claim to know about thsi subject yet you dont thing that eircom will delay as long as it can? to me your either a liar or stupid, probably both.

As for opionion ive yet to see you post one, probably because your to scread you might be wrong.

PS if you had a life the number of post i make on a internet forum wouldnt concern you.
    this was a good topic before you killed it.

Gerry dont tell me what to do,

MUPPET ALERT! MUPPET ALERT! WOOP WOOP!

Joe, in case you hadn't noticed, Gerry is now a (very welcome) moderator on this board, so he's perfectly entitled to make suggestions as to how you should behave on it. You should really take heed of him.

This wasn't a good topic before *anyone* killed it. It was the same load of misinformed, repetitive and rude tripe that you usually come out with.

Then again, saying someone doesn't have any balls, calling them "a little girl", telling them to "shut the **** up", asking them what their "****ING PORBLEM" (your words) is and inferring that they don't have a life ... WELL! as we all know, these are instant signs of incredible maturity and therefore we should all listen to you and hang, unquestioningly on every word you utter.

rolleyes.gif Spot the sarcasm... there's a little bit there somewhere in that last paragraph ... see if you can spot it... g'wan ... there's a lolly in it for you, kiddie rolleyes.gif

Bard

[This message has been edited by Bard (edited 23-05-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Bios

Sooooooo.... when and how do we order ADSL??

Wait til 18th August 2001 and order it from eircom?!?

Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Bios

Sooooooo.... when and how do we order ADSL??

Wait til 18th August 2001 and order it from eircom?!?

Adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Thanks joe, for more of your wisdom. As my good friend excelsior says, can I subscribe to your newsletter?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement