Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mod board open.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Isn`t everyone getting a little excited.
    whats next "bitch slaps"

Just thought i`d add another useless and helpless comment, seems what the majority are doing these days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan
    but im sure you will be stuck in your cave or whatever...

Actually if i dont attend it will probably be beause ill be visiting my uncle in cork whos dieing of lung cancer, but i dont know yet.

As ive said before ive far to many personal issue to be hasseled by you people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

godgivenright.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

by the way,pcIRL.com nice site. i like it :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

ENOUGH

Neither WWMan or Boston are to reply to this thread unless its directly related to the topic at hand or to the suggestions about popular support of the boards.ie site.

In fact that goes for everyone.

Consider this a blanket warning.

DeVore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

i for one agree 100% to the donation/ gig idea.... as a long time reader/poster to boards (dont beleive my signing date) iwould definatly pay to keep it add free.

the only other board i have seen bigger than this is the ign (not the irish ign) boards and they are ad-ridden peices of brown excriment.

as to the mods board, its a great idea....

seriously you guys are taking too much out of it, i would have loved for a place where i could ask about the modding tools and rules without being laughed at for being a noob.

get a grip, get a life, get a.....minicall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

I'm mildly amazed that there hasn't been one for some time, actually - I mean, the chaos that is the Admin board must make for some serious headaches for the senior admins.

The moderators are supposed to be trying to control the content being posted to each of the respective forums, and it's hard for them to get each other's advice, discuss policy, etc. in the Admin board without every one-post-wonder throwing his or her spake in and sometimes steering things completely off-topic. They have every right, as far as I'm concerned, to a bit of privacy when they do this. E-Mail/IMs/PMs are good, but it can be useful to throw a topic to the (mod) populace and see what everyone thinks...

It would certainly be better if the petty bickering amongst the mods were kept private. It certainly doesn't inspire confidence, and (to my mind at least) is sparking some concern.

Just my 2c...
    Gadget

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Felix Randel

There is a situation at the ARS forum,a highly technical Site of which I'm a long standing member, were you pay for a subscription and you get little perks.
    It to is relatively add free. Their perks is access to a .pdf library on technical stuff. You will find information on almost anything computer related there,
    They are written by members and administration. Of course boards.i.e. isn't nearly as technical minded enough for that, but maybe something like a package.

example:

Additional webspace (maybe 5mb-10mb)

Board.i.e. email address would go down great with members and there are one or two ways to do it without boards having to set up their own server.

Special titles like: Branded for life, or Member of the eleet(if it doesn't make people go insane.

I've seen this work elsewhere and its a real alternative to adds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

on the topic.....

mod board is good because i dont get spammed with rubbish in my email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

I like the mod board, but i have a few issues with it (ill post there about them:) )

Id be glad to pay 20 per year for 'stuff' (hmm, maybe i ownt be able to afford anything once i have to start paying for dsl:( ). Email and more space woould be cool and a custom title would be pretty cool. how about Flash Sigs?*

In short, i heartily endorse both these products/services

*before cloud has a heart attack at the thought, im only joking:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

DeV,
    I like the idea about sponsorship of Boards.ie. I'd be up for it anyway. I just hope you don't give the sponsors special "Sponsor" tags or something. I wanna keep my "Sprite", I lubs it!:D

Mod board is a good thing imho. Can be used to train up a new mod, provide advice and keep mod flame wars off my screen :). Just hope that muppets will know they have done wrong and get a chance to start behaving. If I was ever bothering someone I think I'd like them to just tell me, I probably didn't mean it and I'm an approachable guy. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

i wouldn't mind paying for a few services, or only to support the site, would need a spinky credit card system though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Originally posted by astrofool
    i wouldn't mind paying for a few services, or only to support the site, would need a spinky credit card system though :D

We know what kinda services you pay for! ;)

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭hacktavist

I would definatly pay for things like e-mail, and more webspace mabey
    But youd have to give more conrol over it like ftp access or whatever.
    you should set up a pay-pal account im sure more than one person
    would donate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

As I have previously said I'd be more than happy to pay a subsciption/donation/bribe/whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,762 ✭✭✭Xterminator

I understand the need behind the idea of a sponsor ...but

Id just like to mention that a two tier structure might be off putting to new members who will might feel a bit like 'an outsider' if you were to have boards they cant see/post to and a members section etc.

And i'm sure you still want to encourage the new members who are just passing through that there welcome.

X

Advertisement