Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getin the most from chorus!

• 24-05-2001 1:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭

My networking lecturer came up with this one!
    If ya have a chorus set top box connect your pc to it via a router n enjoy the richness of broad band to your pc @ £15 per month biggrin.gif

"just because you're not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after you!"

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭yankinlk

i would love to hear more on how this works...but would be highly skeptical as here in limerick the chorus set top box antenna points at one mountain, and the powernet broadband antenna points at another.
    what sort of interface are we talking from router to set top box? mine doesnt have a network card in the back of it...

currently the techs told me it does work for surfing the web for employees, but not for customers as of yet, but that wasnt thru the pc, just tv.

is he talking theoritcal or has he done it? is he talking wireless or cable connection?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 285 ✭✭sam

your networking lecturer is wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by yankinlk:
    what sort of interface are we talking from router to set top box? mine doesnt have a network card in the back of it...

is he talking theoritcal or has he done it? </font>
    am... theoritcal i think, but ur sayin u can't yet surf on ur tv!? (i thought that was the whole point of it:confused smile.gif
    so if ur surfin tru ur tv ur getin a signal tru something, if it doesn't hav a network card, does it hav a serial port? cause u can get a piece of kit which will convert a serial port to RJ45...

"just because you're not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after you!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

strange, never knew my tv had an ip address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭moist

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by yankinlk:

currently the techs told me it does work for surfing the web for employees, but not for customers as of yet, but that wasnt thru the pc, just tv.
    </font>

Are they shipping that dod*** Sagem box ??
    Gawd that thing sux donkies, the attempt at a browser on it is utter pants, which is probably why their not setting it up for customers :-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement