Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Frames on BBC2 last night

Options
  • 23-04-2002 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭

Did anyone catch this programme??
    I thought that the live clips shown were poor and didn't give them the credit they deserve when they play live. :(
    RTE missed out on that one...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭crow

i saw it and it was fantastic! the live clips were amazing especially lay me down... GODAMMIT I LOVE THE FRAMES!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Minerva

nah..it was pretty bogie!
    dodgy footage coupled with a dodgy gig.
    to be honest it made them look unprofessional and slapped together.and if i had never heard of them before..i would have thought they were pretty crap.which is distressing because they are one of the best bands ive seen from this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭atonal

its a shame if they did not come off well really one of the best bands around right now and not nearly enough recognition for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭mixer007

The sound was awful for the live clips. If I were involved with the Frames I'd be a bit pissed off. Nice footage of the lads and the interviews were pretty good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

I thought it was a very good progra, but perhaps it's just coz i'm biased as I'm a huge fan. I'll agree that the live clips didn't do them justice, but I don't think live clips ever will on TV, its just not the same as being there. God Bless Mom probably wasn't the best song to show clips from either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

I saw bits of it..but the live bits I saw did seem a bit dodgy. The sound was pretty bad. Which is unfortunate cos they are really good live and they probably werent shown in the best light.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭jonny

it was very interesting none the less.
    and very sad. touching.

but yeah the sound was **** but all in all i think that they got across what its all about and i think people with half a clue about music would be able to see the substance in the music disregarding the ****ty sound and gig footage. ah well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

That version of Pavement Tune at the end sounded like Glenn had electrodes glued to his balls.

I taped it and enjoyed it though.

Advertisement