Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone only getting one channel sound o/p?

• 24-05-2001 1:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭

I have the same card - why not try reinstalling drivers (That resets all audio HQ defaults on that card) and if that doesn't work reseat the card.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,461 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I get the same effect when output is set to digital only in audio hq (most headphones are analogue). But i do aggree with ][cEMAN**, the sblive drivers are pretty flaky, reminds me of ati card drivers, good hardware ..challenging software. i dont think reseating the card will make any difference, if removing and reloading liveware and drivers doesnt work then more then likely it is a hardware problem(jack) as others have said

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

theres only one thing i can say dbc

YUO=FA{GOT

narf wink.gif

Moriarty
    mrmoriarty@eircom.net

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

i have a SB LIVE! soundcard (dont ask me which one:/ )

and recently i plugged in my headphones to play cs, but only one channel was working, and then i plaugged my speakers back in, and it was still only one channel output
    (the right btw)

when i turn winamp to just output to the left speaker (the broken side)and turn it up full volume some sound does comout, but with very low volume.

is there any left/right stereo sliders in windows that i dont know about?

the winamp slider and the one when you double click on the sound icon in the sytem tray are both working, but when i slide them left it just goes silent.

- Dead Bank Clerk -
    You must defeat my dragon
    punch to stand a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

It sounds a lot like one channel of the amp on the sblive is broken. Or the output jack on the card. Switch it to 4 speaker mode, and see if you get sound from the left back speaker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

i'm probably miles off but i know on my comp if i use head phones on mono it only comes out of one side of the headset, but stereo comes out both...

"just because you're not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after you!"

• Advertisement
Advertisement