Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

we should be thankful

Options
  • 23-04-2002 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭

ADSL
    512kps/down
    128kps/up
    3GB cap
    €89/month

yeah,I know, britain gets it unlimited bandwidth for £20/month.
    but we should be thankful. Its a start eh?

Personally,Im looking forward to the day when waterford are upgraded... Just gotta limit myself to 100megs a day or less.. Anybody else feel the same or is it just me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Hopefully, by the time it gets installed in Kildare, this will all be sorted out :)

And yes, I feel the same way also... One of the reasons I want DSL is so I can download those massive demos in a few hours, rather than days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

what im looking forward to is the fact that one its released in dublin, some company might go buy a few hundred of them and connect us all to a flat-rate 56k service for a lower fee...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭BoneCollector

Just gotta limit myself to 100megs a day or less..

You dont have total control over this.. since as soon as you go on a web page it will download its page and all its contents, java aplets, flash animations etc... which may refresh several times while your there.

You may visit a page which downloads 512k and refresh several times, before you know it you just used 2MB in a mater of mins without actualy doing any real downloading...

And just how? is this metered?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Yurmasyurda

Originally posted by BoneCollector
    And just how? is this metered?

Eircom Intuition, emm well lets see you might have downloaded more than 3gb so we'll add €100 to your bill.

I just noticed that for me to get it installed, isdn line must be removed as the service is only covered on pstn, then pstn must be installed for roughly €100 then installation €199.65 inc VAT then monthly fee €107.69 inc. VAT then 175.45 inc VAT for equipment.

Total bill for first month excluding my last isdn charges will be €582.79 without going over the 3gb limit, now why exactly should we be thankful?

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

We Shouldn't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Felix Randel

Originally posted by Tizlox
    ADSL
    512kps/down
    128kps/up
    3GB cap
    €89/month

How many times will people Post incorrect prices(i know i have)

that DOESN'T include vat

Look here for the full prices for everything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

A shiny new milking machine from Eircom

Have they got the bandwidth and the infrastructure to support this behind the scenes, or is it going to be another ISDN, where it’s saturated during business hours and the response times go through the floor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭P3nfold

Tizlox
    I was talking to my tutor today and cablesurf are planning on business connections soon, won't be long before we have home connected cable like out in dungarven.
    Check out the site, http://www.cablesurf.com
    Its a bit expensive but whats a guy to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i've used Cablesurf a few times and i love it. if only they'd put some cable down my road. i'm about 100 meters or so away from the cable line :mad: :mad: . then my internet needs would be sorted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭P3nfold

Well i have heard of expanding of their network so lets keep our fingers crossed yeah :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by P3nfold
    Well i have heard of expanding of their network so lets keep our fingers crossed yeah :)
    i feel that the chances of Casey piping my road are very slim :( i would be better off moving the 1/2 mile down the road for a flatrate service. i have sent too many emails and i have yet to recieve a reply :mad: :mad: saying that, i think i'd be better off going to their office for some sort of an answer as to whether they willl be putting some fibre optics down my part of the world. they'd make their money on the cable television alone

Advertisement