Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doghouse- Layne Staley tribute show 27/4

Options
  • 23-04-2002 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

This Saturday in the Doghouse from 9 to 10pm, I'm planning on doing an Alice in Chains/ Layne Staley hour long tribute playing tracks by one of the greatest rock vocalists of the last 10 years who passed away tragically last Friday aged 34!
    If anyone wants to post me suggestions for AIC tracks to be played or messages you want read out, please do so here. Let's celebrate one of Seattles finest sons, he'll be sadly missed!

Micko

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

A damn shame alright, some absolutley great tracks on all the albums, I shall forever remember Alice in Chains as the band I listened to most during my leaving cert in the early days.....remember to play "don't follow" rather apt , not so raaawwwkkk but a great song and well sang!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Aspro

Cheers Micko

Anything off Dirt, one of my favourite albums ever - Down in a Hole, Rain when I die, Rooster.

As I said before, what a waste.

Hey Layne,
    Say hello to Jimi, Janice, Philo, Kurt and Jim
    Was it worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭My name is Mud

alright micko,

if you can find "a little bitter". I think its in the box set and on the "last action hero" ost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Paul Hare

Nice one Micko
    Just a request would be to play only songs Layne Staley wrote.
    Sludge Factory (Unplugged version is great)
    Frogs
    Angry Chair

Aswell maybe some Mad Season tracks would be cool to hear.

A huge loss, he was a great inspiration to our band.

Paul
    www.ginsengmusic.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Uncle Neddy

bit obvious I know but ...man in the box

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Minerva

some of my favourites would be:
    Nutshell
    Rooster
    Frogs
    Junkhead (kind of inappropriate but top class)
    Love,hate,love
    Them bones
    Rain when i die
    We die young
    Would?

I had been expecting news of an Alice in chains reform or Layne Stayley being found dead. its such a shame it was the latter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Substitute

If it's possible, "Don't Follow", would be the most appropriate. Layne didn't write it, and it doesn't rock, but it's still the most beautiful song AIC ever released. Other than that, "Them Bones" would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Its really hard to pick as all AIC songs are great as far as i think...
    eh bleed the freak, i know somethin, again, man in the box, rooster even though its a Cantrell track is still fukcing great, Throw in some B-sides, rare, live, movie tracks to mix it up a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭metalish

Thank you Micko for doing a tribute he was the greatest,
    Can you try and find these two songs "Heaven Beside you" or "Down In A Hole" You would make my day if you played any of those.

Cheers

Advertisement