Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New ISP Under Test

Options
  • 24-04-2002 12:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

I am trying to setup and become a new ISP in ireland to give broadband internet access to everyone it is still under test at the min i hope to start providing the service at the end of the summer. so far it will cost €40-€50 per months but this is not set yet. i will be doing this town by town if i get enough intrest in a town.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

i am intrigued by your comment and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Seriously whats ur ider? people have tried this before and just didn't get enough people in the area. so many ppl is enough people? £40 a month sounds fine to me for any flat rate broadband access.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 mega1

the min to setup in any town would be 100 single pc and 30 lans connections the price will after the first year.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Arboration

you know that?

P.S. where do you live?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭NeRb666

why do I get the feeling you are a 12 year old?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭donaloconnor

lol thats the exact same feeling that i got when i first read the post.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Ba$tard

or a dude from the far east using some crude translator to english from mandarin chinese telling us his house has just caught on fire and please call the cops ?

no i am not 12 i am 35 and married. i am doing this by radio something simeler to LEAP but they going just for high internet users. i am in talks with the ODTR about my equement. I have been looking into this for the past 2 years and looking for people to invest in it as i dont have that kind of money i have found a cuple of investers. thats why i recon it will be at the end of the summer before i can start.

Apologies Mega1. First of all i would like to wish you the best of luck, but it will take a lot of effort for this project to become sucessful.

I would love to invest if in this project but i don't have the money. Sorry :(

Well Cya round

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

and you live where?

i live in monaghan but i am not starting it in monaghan. i am just about to do my web site with some info on it it will be going live soon. just out of intreast i am at the moment looking for a name for my company i will be setting up to do this any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Sticky

Some details of exactly what type of access you are talking about would be helpful... DSL, 802.11?

it will be based around the 802.11

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Sticky

Can't remember the details but as far as I know you are going to need to set up a lot of access points to service anything more than a 'neighbourhood' sized area.

Where exactly are you thinking of starting this up?

i will be useing adifferent system to get outside my neighbourhood then use the 802.11 system again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Ba$tard

Deleted - no need to poke fun at people because of spelling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭viking

ERM...I am still skeptical .... check out the gammar, punctuation, spelling

Hmmm, slightly sceptical too...

If it's genuine then I wish you the best of luck. Just remember to run a spell checker on your business plan before you submit it to potential investors, bad spelling and grammar is one thing that they don't want to see...

viking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭MDR

mega1,

If you are geniune and are looking for an area to setup business. come'on lads lets give him the benefit of the doubt here and help him out ?

I would suggest any major suburb of dublin, you could make an apsolute fortune. Somewhere up and coming like Blanchardstown, Swords, Malahide, Portmarnock, Balbriggan ... ??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I was looking at getting a leased line there a few weeks ago with the intention of splitting it to several different people thru wireless connections.. seemed like a good plan until I was quoted a smidge over €45k per annum for the line... still have the intention of doing it but going for a cheaper method of acquiring bandwidth...

Thats my tuppence..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Dublin WAN is in the process of setting up a free to use 802.11 network in Dublin. Initially it will only be used for file shareing and gaming. It is hope that reasonably fast and cheap net access will follow. You can check it out @ http://www.irishwan.org/
    This is very much at the begining of the project but it is happening.

MrE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Balbriggan would be a good idea. The governement is building the largest industrial estate in the country here in a year or so...and I personally can think of 5 people that would go for something like this :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 TitanFire

If you're looking for somewhere to set up, come to Sligo

I have a feeling we're going to be neglected by Eircom for a while so you'll have an open market ;) Plus, at those prices, I'd sign up without doubt! I can think of lots more too! :D

Good luck with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

ennis.
    practically everone has a comp.
    eircon have given up on the information age town project so it would be a perfect place to set up.
    eircom are running test for vDSL here but not many houses will be interested if its gonna cost the expected prices.-not many ppl here would pay for v.expensive conns but they def would if it wer €40-50 per month.

i am dyflexic so i cant spell my grammer is bad as i am 2 used to typing on irc. my bussiness plan will be done by some one else and i have found an invester and i have to redo the plan for him i should be ready to start at the end of summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

I may do the business plan but I want one million euro to do it!!

:)
    Originally posted by mega1
    i am dyflexic so i cant spell my grammer is bad as i am 2 used to typing on irc. my bussiness plan will be done by some one else and i have found an invester and i have to redo the plan for him i should be ready to start at the end of summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Funny guy - a role in the new Austin Powers movie obviously awaits you.;)

mega1, I'm sure there are people over in the Nets/Comms board that could give you a few pointers and so on. Obviously you're not going to post your business plan anywhere near the Net as someone will obviously steal the idea if it works. But as Skeptic One has said in another thread, if you've a rough idea sketched out (or if you haven't yet, when you do), if it stands up to scrutiny froma technical point of view over there, it'll stand up pretty much anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭KILLER.BEE

well mega1 well done and good luck on it ,they say your a kid but how many kids are on this post , will if i can help you in anyway buzz me,,

Sorry for calling you a kid Mega1, shouldn't be saying them things, I'm a kid myself, well about 16.

Well Good Luck with your project, hope that it will be a success. Hey..If you need a website designed and hosted, please contact me, I may be a kid but i know what i'm doing ;)

Good Luck,

Donal

Advertisement