Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hopping i-stream services?

Options
  • 24-04-2002 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭

Can we 'hop' from one i-stream service to another?

For instance, during the summer could I change from solo to enhanced - then in September go back to my original solo status?

Just wondering...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭longword

Originally posted by NoelRock
    Can we 'hop' from one i-stream service to another?

For instance, during the summer could I change from solo to enhanced - then in September go back to my original solo status?

Just wondering...
    I don't know, but at least one version of www.adsl.ie over the past few weeks had words to the effect that Eircom reserved the right to move you to a different plan if you exceed your quota regularly. Now it's a vague "[Eircom reserves the right to] ...remove the customer from their Eircom I-Stream level." which may or may not mean the same thing. My guess is they'll be happy enough with you moving around between the service levels, just so long as you don't go to a different provider.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Yes you can Noel. It's covered in point 5 of the Pending Changes [PDF] document:
    Upgrades or downgrades to existing eircom i-stream access levels shall not incur additional connection charges. Monthly rental charges for upgraded or downgraded eircom i-stream access shall be based on the charges for the revised bandwidth.
    adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Thanks Adam and Longword ^_^ you guys are an extremely valuable help - as usual ;).

Advertisement