Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frontier - First Encounters on windows!!!

Options
  • 24-04-2002 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭

its happened it really has happened. what should have been the greatest game of all time is now working in windows. many of the bugs have also been sorted. why oh why did this have to happen before my exams?

http://www.jaj22.demon.co.uk/index.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

http://www.frontier.co.uk/

Apparently Elite4 is under development.
    Wuld seem to be fairly current news too, as they mention that they're developping games for the Xbox etc. atm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

woohoo!!!
    must give this a go when i get home :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Well spotted DiscoStu:D I've been takin a look at the eliteclub
    www.eliteclub.co.uk but it hasn't been updated in months
    I still have to original 31/2" floopy verrsion and played it till recently. A classic![well if a LITTLE buggy]

yeah, I got that edition, in Smyth's for a fiver a while ago.
    Bloody third disk is fried.
    Can I get a zip of the installed folder off you sometime?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

Remember Elite on the bbc Micro. That was much better than frontier, Although would like to see a newer version of it, maybe with more than 2 colours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Originally posted by SyxPak
    yeah, I got that edition, in Smyth's for a fiver a while ago.
    Bloody third disk is fried.
    Can I get a zip of the installed folder off you sometime?

just dl the shareware version off the elitevlub website. dont be fooled there is non timelimit or reg key required. just put the jjffe program into the game dir from the zip and bobs your uncle it works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Elite II was the best incarnation imo... 2 solid years i played that bloody game and only got 3/4 way up the Imperials ranking ladder.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Please note that the Disclaimer says this:

"JJFFE is a hacked and reverse-engineered version of a commercial game, therefore it's probably illegal to download it even if you own the original legally."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

But then, the official Frontier site links to Eliteclub which offers the aforementioned shareware version. And there ffewin is just a hack.

SAFE!

Which is great cos I wubbed Frontier and now it has returned to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Must give it a shot...although it was dire on the amiga.

• Advertisement

Blasphemied by Kyro:
    Must give it a shot...although it was dire on the amiga.
    AAAHHHHH!!!! What heresy is this?
    /me makes hex sign with fingers
    Back Vile She-beast!

Burn in hell you will, yessss.

That game is cursed for me
    Got it on the Amiga about 8-9 years ago, along with Micro Machines.
    Played it, loved it.
    About 6 years ago I started getting back into the Amiga again (cos I had nothing else to play on) and was happy as a pig in shít, even when the metal slide on the disk got stuck in the drive and I had to rip the disk out.
    Everything was fine taht was, until my little sister picked up the disk and wanted to feel just how 'floppy' that curious black stuff in the disk really was.

Fúck.

Then the PC version I miraculously found again went tits up.
    I wonder how long it'll be before the CD I currently have the shareware+crack on bursts into a hellish inferno in my bag, singing not only my notes, but my apple too....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

I'm having problems getting the sound working in the windows version.I booted into dos and ran the set up and it detected the sound card fine but it refuses to work under windows. any ideas?

Advertisement