Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

for those who grew up in the 1980's

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

I'm feeling fairly old too, and I'm 19 rofl :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Vikktakkht

I must be really old then at 31!

I remember all of the above, and even that the Famous Five / Secret Seven was written by Enid Blyton, not whoever they said in the list!

Time for me to go lie down now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Demitri

Ahhhhhhhhh wow,

Them was the good old days......

Demitri.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭immort4l

This is the best thread ever!! I remember fondly all the things mentioned-well,not that fondly.I don't think I would have made it through the 80's and early 90's without slayer and all those ninja kickass cartoons.........
    (/me fades off into nostalgia trip..)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭IRISHLILY24

all very true...I am going to be 25 very soon..thought there wasnt anyone else in my age range on here :)
    Cant leave out cyndi lauper and madonna!
    also, I never thought she-ra should have hooked up with he-man as they were twins!! She-ra was one of my all time fave's though...I wonder why they bring back all the other cartoons but they never brought that one back??;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Anyone remember a program called "Round the Bend" or something like that?
    I can only vaguely remember it but I think it was presented by some alligator puppet or something and had funny shows like "Wooly the Wonder Sheep" and "Thunderpants" (a parody of Thundercats).

I remember when Zig and Zag first appeared on "Dempsey's Den". I think I have The Nothing to do With Toast video at home, though it's VHS so time has ravaged its tape. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Ciaran

Originally posted by IRISHLILY24
    I never thought she-ra should have hooked up with he-man as they were twins!!

That's what I thought.

All this nostalgia can't be healthy at 22...

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Originally posted by Kolodny
    Oh stop it, you're all making me feel ancient at 25 :)

:eek: I thought you were 21!

Are you going to the 27th beer bash Carina? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

LOL I fair wanted to be a goonie!!!:D
    Puck I remember that show, it was brilliant! thunderpants was a parody on He Man though as far as I can remember!
    All classic stuff tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

...spending 3 hours programming in Basic on the Commodore64 to produce a crappy ballon across a screen

...Thinking Vanilla Ice was cool (i know thats the 90`s)

...reading Adrian Mole

...Teenage Mutant Turtles before the HERO bit

...Remember that CANDY sponsored Liverpool

...Wathced English Soccer Live on Network 2

guess wha......I`m another 19 yr old?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Anyone remember a program called "Round the Bend" or something like that?
    I can only vaguely remember it but I think it was presented by some alligator puppet or something and had funny shows like "Wooly the Wonder Sheep" and "Thunderpants" (a parody of Thundercats).

I remember that well lol.... maybe not well, but i'm remembering it... lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭the omen

What about GI Joe (or Action Force as they were called beforehand) they were great I had so many of them. Is it just me or does anyone else want to wind back the clock just to play with dinkies,GI Joe and mask for one last time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

Wooooooooooly the Wonder Sheeep!

we actually tormented my friends brother with that - to this day he is still called wooly:p

Advertisement